System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016
I think when you enter your email again it just means you have registered again. I can't find where you can actually see where you are currently in the Queue.
Hi All, Complete System Blue, Case, Amps and Ferrite rod antennas (2) For sale!
I would like it to go to one of the less populated parts of the world, therefore, I am not taking any offers from Europe,  North America nor Australia/New Zealand at the present!
If there are no offers within a reasonable time, then I may reconsider this!
Please PM or Email me with your details and your best offer and include the Postage!
This is a completely New station still in the original sealed boxes from Germany!
Therefore, I will not accept anything less than the current price, unless you can make a good reason why I should reduce it or even Donate it.
Both these options are possible!
If you are already on the waiting list quote your number!
Kindest Regards,

Brian. 1856 Vilaboa. Smile
Stations:
Smile 
Hi Brian,
I see that being in North America I'm not eligible, but a second station here would help cover Tornado Alley, a region to my west that starts at Texas and goes North through two states that have no detectors whatsoever.

If anyone has a working or unassembled Blitzortung lightning detector (Green, Red or Blue) that they would be willing to part with, please PM or email me.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Hi Mike, There are many areas in the world that have no stations at All!
If there are no offers within a month from any of these areas, you will get first crack to make me an offer from the US of A!
Please no offers here in the forum.
I will post if there is any news. i.e. if it is sold, disposed of, and where.
Kindest regards,

Brian, 1856 Vilaboa. Smile
Stations:
(2016-05-14, 21:01)andyweather Wrote: Thats a shame its no good to me then as i cannot solder.

Will have to stay with system red.

Can't you find a kind enthusiastic 12-year-old to build it for you?  I have to ask the neighbours' kid to program the video recorder...But, then I'm old and smell of pee... Big Grin Seriously, soldering is not hard, about 20 minutes of practice will get you going. You'll need both thin and 'normal' solder, and I'd advise getting a reel of solder braid if you need to take off some excess - which happens! Nice to have is a flux pen, (Like a whiteboard pen) and wipe over each set of pads where you're gonna put the next part. Makes soldering a bit easier. So, soldering iron, solder, braid, flux pen, nice pair of tweezers - adds less than €50 to total (banggood.com's maybe a good place to look first if you haven't got an electronics shop nearby).
HTH
-Andy
(2018-05-12, 07:45)andycrofts Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 21:01)andyweather Wrote: Thats a shame its no good to me then as i cannot solder.

Can't you find a kind enthusiastic 12-year-old to build it for you?  I have to ask the neighbours' kid to program the video recorder...But, then I'm old and smell of pee... Big Grin Seriously, soldering is not hard, about 20 minutes of practice will get you going. You'll need both thin and 'normal' solder, and I'd advise getting a reel of solder braid if you need to take off some excess - which happens! Nice to have is a flux pen, (Like a whiteboard pen) and wipe over each set of pads where you're gonna put the next part. Makes soldering a bit easier. So, soldering iron, solder, braid, flux pen, nice pair of tweezers - adds less than €50 to total (banggood.com's maybe a good place to look first if you haven't got an electronics shop nearby).
HTH
-Andyt

I disagree strongly with this ... 
It appears to me that Andyweather evaluated his situation, experience, and confidence, appropriately, and KUDOs to him. Cool

This advice appears to come from someone who has not completed and placed a system into operation....though his general thoughts are not "incorrect" , the suggestion of 20 minutes practice,  or help from an enthusiastic i12 year old can be dangerous to your pocketbook and peace of mind.... and certainly to your system's operational integrity.

While the few parts that require installation are quite simple in over-view, especially to those of us with experience, those components and their installation are 'Mission Critical". This final assembly IS NOT the scenario for a person to practice or learn soldering techniques, who doesn't have the proper tools, etc, . even though the actual install does not require the extensive list of 'solder' equipment mentioned... and actually take only a few minutes for someone with experience....
.... the boards have extremely small paths, dual sided... In much of the circuitry those paths are designed with inductance and distance, capacitance, as a consideration.... the connectors can be damaged by excessive heat, especially since they will require two levels of heat to properly install, and a large proportion of issues in operation can be traced to poor soldering overheating, under heating, microscopic bridges... etc

Don't underestimate your abilities, but don't overestimate them either... I for one would not depend on 20 minutes of learning to insure the operation of a system I'd waited months for, and invested a bit of money into....

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
If Andyweather gets in touch with me, PM or email, bjserendipity81@gmail.com, I can send him a completely constructed and tested system, at no extra cost to him. While I have not been soldering for 112 years, only 50 or so, I will guarantee, money back, if it does not work as planned.
Kindest regards,

Brian Vilaboa 1856. Smile
Stations:
Why do I keep getting bumped off the list? Every time I go to check my place on the list, it puts me at the very end as if if is my first time signing up.

This has been going on since 2014. I like this project, and would to get at 1 system for myself. I also have been wanting to get a system for my brother as well as a gift.

It's really getting frustrating.
(2018-05-14, 16:40)johnfl68 Wrote: Why do I keep getting bumped off the list?  Every time I go to check my place on the list, it puts me at the very end as if if is my first time signing up.

This has been going on since 2014. I like this project, and would to get at 1 system for myself. I also have been wanting to get a system for my brother as well as a gift.

Hi John,

Although someone stated that we can check our place on the list by entering our email address, I do not think that is correct!

I'm frustrated also, I have a defective System Blue and I need a second one as a replacement.  Angry
Regards,
Mike W.
(2018-05-14, 16:51)mwaters Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 16:40)johnfl68 Wrote: Why do I keep getting bumped off the list?  Every time I go to check my place on the list, it puts me at the very end as if if is my first time signing up.

Hi John,

Although someone stated that we can check our place on the list by entering our email address, I do not think that is correct!

I'm frustrated also, I have a defective System Blue and I need a second one as a replacement.  Angry
They way stated to check is 100% correct. Enter your email address you used when you first signed up and it will display where you are on the list. I know, I have checked my position that way since the day I signed up.
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
Dries,

Maybe that worked for you. And I believe you. However ...

The first time I signed up for a second System Blue, nothing happened. No confirmation or anything.

But two susubsequent attempts since then to check my position in the list showed that I was at the end of the list.

I just don't know what to think. :-(
Regards,
Mike W.
(2018-05-12, 13:23)Cutty Wrote:
(2018-05-12, 07:45)andycrofts Wrote:

HTH
-Andyt

I disagree strongly with this ... 
It appears to me that Andyweather evaluated his situation, experience, and confidence, appropriately, and KUDOs to him. Cool

This advice appears to come from someone who has not completed and placed a system into operation....though his general thoughts are not "incorrect" , the suggestion of 20 minutes practice,  or help from an enthusiastic i12 year old can be dangerous to your pocketbook and peace of mind.... and certainly to your system's operational integrity.

While the few parts that require installation are quite simple in over-view, especially to those of us with experience,  those components and their installation are 'Mission Critical". This final assembly IS NOT the  scenario for a person to practice or learn soldering techniques, who doesn't have the proper tools, etc, . even though the actual install does not require the extensive list of 'solder' equipment mentioned... and actually take only a few minutes for someone with experience....
.... the boards have extremely small paths, dual sided... In much of the circuitry those paths are designed with inductance and distance, capacitance, as a consideration.... the connectors can be damaged by excessive heat, especially since they will require two levels of heat to properly install, and a large proportion of issues in operation can be traced to poor soldering overheating, under heating, microscopic bridges... etc

Don't underestimate your abilities, but don't overestimate them either... I for one would not depend on 20 minutes of learning to insure the operation of a system I'd waited months for, and invested a bit of money into....

Well, I disagree. I built my first radio at 8 years old, my first transmitter when I was 12. Soldering was easy for me, as learning languages are easy for some (fortunate) folks - not I, however. Yeah, maybe 20 minutes is a bit short. Certainly an afternoon would be sufficient. Plenty of videos on YouTube to follow. I certainly didn't suggest practice on "the Real Thing" - that would be stupid, as would assuming I actually meant that be stupid.
I'm now 62 (halfway to the mis-typed 112) and my last project, 2 years ago after 10 years' inactive unemployment was to design, layout and build - single-handedly - a data logger. I used (then) Cadsoft Eagle, and a PCB manufacturer in China. Never did Surface mount before. (Not designed/laid out a PCB for at least 30 years). When the boards came I assembled 6, by hand. I'd used 0805 components, as my eyesight isn't good enough for 0402 or 0604 anymore. All 6 worked first time as designed. All I had were the tools I listed - plus a magnifying glass. 64-pin XMEGA256A4 processor wasn't a problem - neither was anything else. It's possible. Just a bit of (As the Finns say) "Sisu".
I am not judging anyone's ability or challenging any advice given here. But it's just a fact that some folks are talented and have the ability to learn to use their hands in this manner. However, others are not. Their talents are not related to mechanical ability or dexterity, but are in unrelated fields. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around, as the saying goes.

When I interview an employee to assemble our electronic air ionizer/purifier products, I give them a very simple mechanical dexterity test to see if they can learn. One young applicant was going to school to learn to be a police officer. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was absolutely qualified for that; he was just a friendly fellow, a real "people person". But he and I agreed that he simply was unable to learn what we needed him to do. An all-thumbs guy, great with people and his brains, but he simply lacked any talent. He could not even bend a small wire into a 90° loop with the appropriate needle-nose pliers. I felt sorry for the poor fellow.

Whether this is the case here is not for us to say. Perhaps he can find someone to build it for him. But let's not insist that he can do it. Because we don't know that, right? 

These controllers require experience to build. If he damages it, what then?
Regards,
Mike W.
My life circumstances have changed since ordering the kit & I've not got the time or space to set up the device properly so its up for sale.

I have an assembled system blue with case, 2 * Ferite rods, 2 * filters (not fitted) & GPS Antenna for sale ideally for a similar price to purchase price given its not been used.

I would prefer the unit to remain in Australia in an area with currently few / no stations.

the unit is station # 2118
Firmware Rev.: 8.4 BLUE / Jan 17 2018 12:14:15
Hardware Rev.: 19.4 (PCB-Id 60)
Device-ID: 4A00-4B00-1651-3631-3136-3335

I can probably provide a length of coax if requested but this would be more expensive to post than the unit alone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stations: 2118
(2018-05-28, 02:15)Hi,I\m Peter from the Netherlands and interested to buy your system blue. Please let me know if you want to sell it to me.Kind regardsPeter Kleinreesink jpleech Wrote: My life circumstances have changed since ordering the kit & I've not got the time or space to set up the device properly so its up for sale.

I have an assembled system blue with case, 2 * Ferite rods, 2 * filters (not fitted) & GPS Antenna for sale ideally for a similar price to purchase price given its not been used.

I would prefer the unit to remain in Australia in an area with currently few / no stations.

the unit is station # 2118
Firmware Rev.: 8.4 BLUE / Jan 17 2018 12:14:15
Hardware Rev.: 19.4 (PCB-Id 60)
Device-ID: 4A00-4B00-1651-3631-3136-3335

I can probably provide a length of coax if requested but this would be more expensive to post than the unit alone.
Hi, I'm Peter living in the east part of the Netherlands. I'm interested to buy your system blue. Please let me know if you want to sell it to me. kind regards Peter
Re-Post # 374. Please acknowledge receipt of email sent 29/5/2018.  Thanks.
Hi @all,

the registration page tell's me that I'm at a position above 4300 on the waiting list. So this means that I have to wait until more than 4300 other hardware bundles are sent out!? Huh 

Can anyone gave some hints how many years this approximately will take?

Kind regards,
Yves
Contrary to what you may have been told, there is no way for us to determine where we are on the waiting list. :-(

The first time you ordered, there was no confirmation displayed, right? Registering again just places another System Blue order, but the second time displays that message for your new order.
Regards,
Mike W.
(2018-05-31, 21:14)mwaters Wrote: Contrary to what you may have been told, there is no way for us to determine where we are on the waiting list. :-(

It certainly used to be the case that if you enetered the same email into the registration again you got back your current position. I remember doing this about once a week when I was waiting for the email from Egon saying place your order.

The other thing to bear in mind is that a large proportion of "registrations" don't turn into actual orders so your position can move far quicker than one might expect from the rate of new stations appearing.

(2018-05-31, 21:14)mwaters Wrote: The first time you ordered, there was no confirmation displayed, right? Registering again just places another System Blue order, but the second time displays that message for your new order.

I think the transatlantic translator has go confused, I can't make sense of that.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue order status (10.3.2020) Egon 33 147,121 2023-11-29, 21:57
Last Post: cutty
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,293 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,406 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,050 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord
  Order Question chevyman142000 6 40,450 2016-06-01, 03:59
Last Post: chevyman142000