Blitzortung.org Newsletter 1/2015
Also means I can save a little longer!!!!  $$ Big Grin

I don't currently have a detecter, but I can wait patiently for the blue!!!
And of course I'm looking foward to it, so if it takes a bit longer to get it perfect, that's fine for me....
(2015-07-05, 11:53)BDNL Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 11:40)Cutty Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 10:46)cg617 Wrote: I see blitzortung.org has changed the wording in 'Cover your Area' regarding availability.  Hopefully this means a 'go date' is now being considered or on the horizon.

Smile

Don't read too much into that.... just a rewrite...
System Blue is still very much in 'pre-production' development stage... but getting there... This has been a very busy year for the developers, out side of the "Blitzortung Project', so it is somewhat behind anticipated schedule...   Stay Tuned!
  Wink

I completely understand that you are busy with your real life responsibilities, but I hope that you will understand as well that for those who have been waiting very long now (including me) in order to start participating, it becomes very frustrating to see these delays continuously build upon each other.
Yes, we do, as volunteer participants in a volunteer hobby network.. we also feel what you feel. -- even many of us with currently operating systems.  We also eagerly await "Blue".... . 

Please remember, also, that BLUE has major differences from the RED and GREEN concepts, and must "WORK" upon delivery to those who order 'pre-built' assemblies... If all interested parties were capable of building and fabricating an SMD system as complex as Blitzortung BLUE will be, I'm quite sure Kits would be nearing availability....
However, the testing, pre-production, legal hoops to jump through, etc, for such a concept as BLUE invariably require a longer time frame than what one might desire, or pencil in on a calendar. 

Please remain patient.  It will be worth the wait! Shy  

Cheers!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Reading thorugh alle that discussions and given that the Network grew in a tremendous way I am wondering if the Community developing Blue in the background will make sure that all interested existing contributors who run either green and or red stations will be able to get an early bird blue one ?

Cheers Rudi
Stations: 74
(2015-07-05, 14:12)WagnerRu Wrote: Reading thorugh alle that discussions and given that the Network grew in a tremendous way I am wondering if the Community developing Blue in the background will make sure that all interested existing contributors who run either green and or red stations will be able to get an early bird blue one ?

Cheers Rudi

Hi Rudi...
I do know this much, but it won't really answer your question... the Developers, et. al. are extremely sensitive to the Green system operators, those who've hung in there, for sure,... From what I know, or sense, I can only speculate what will happen regarding your question;

Speculation:  I have these "general" thoughts, and they are only speculation...
 Initially, special consideration / priority may be given to
1. Limited production... partially assembled for certain existing operators with 'proven' technical background, track records / contributors  for purpose of further testing and validating.  Red or Green operators.
-------------
 and as distribution begins:  depending upon "Blue System Type"  mostly assembled, partially assembled, -- no boxes etc
... and I suspect some time limit may be involved....  possibly with the inclusion of 'special' 'add-on' filtering and features,...
-------------
2. 'Active' Green... 'dead, or damaged' Green awaiting Blue. 
3. Locations of less density, fewer stations, or no stations, excluding current Reds.
3. Existing Dual (H+E Reds)
4. Existing Single (H or E only)
A. At some point, the 'special-plugins' may be offered as folks determine the 'need'... .

Then, I suspect there'll be a second phase, where 'pre built, housed' completely assembled systems will become available to those of less technical background... so called 'plug 'n' play... or similar.... although depending on logistics and production this may be rolled into "A" above....
I'm not sure if this forum is yet ready for all the 'inquiring minds' of 'plug'n'play' operators... Sad

I think as it progresses, Green and 'low or no coverage areas' will always have 'top priority', followed by REDS, and/or "plug'n'play'... and that may last a few months.

Logistics, I expect initially, will be tough, and there will be issues similar to, or greater than last fall with the tremendous demand.  Developers learned from last year, and several things discussed, but I'd be very surprised is there weren't a lot of snafus....

Please keep in mind, this is speculation... at this point, with development testing still going on, there is no way to be specific, and the roll out has not been shared with me...  many things logistically, legally, to be resolved.

Best I can do!

Cheers
Mike

Hi Cutty,

very clear and I had something similar in mind. And once again we all and me in special can offer support.

We all have real life expertise in various areas, this includes but is not limited to contacts for logistics, rigid/Flex PCB OEM, packing etc., this should be used as we are all happy to support.

If you / the developers have a special area with a need for support / contacts they should let us know. As stated before, the general help offers are not followed up - for good reasons, onboarding takes time and efforts which might be better invested to the project itself.

But specials topics might be "outsourced" as we all just have one goal : the blue system in place and working adding value to that project.

Cheers
Rudi
Stations: 74
(2015-07-05, 19:16)WagnerRu Wrote: Hi Cutty,

very clear and I had something similar in mind. And once again we all and me in special can offer support.

We all have real life expertise in various areas, this includes but is not limited to contacts for logistics, rigid/Flex PCB OEM, packing etc., this should be used as we are all happy to support.

If you / the developers have a special area with a need for support / contacts they should let us know. As stated before, the general help offers are not followed up - for good reasons, onboarding takes time and efforts which might be better invested to the project itself.

But specials topics might be "outsourced" as we all just have one goal : the blue system in place and working adding value to that project.

Cheers
Rudi

So True...
... and the level of talent, background, knowledge generally among the operators is incredible.  What unknown jewels remain in the 'non-operator' public arena will be discovered with the advent of Blue???

The three (main) developers, Egon, Tobi, Richo, and some (more or less anonymous) members of the 'developers' bunch unfortunately have little time to monitor the forums, Facebook, etc, so they depend on a few folks to spread "rumors and propaganda" as best we can...  but 'security' and privacy are paramount, so they're pretty picky about what might be called "inner circles" and "outer inner circles", and "inner-outer" circles.  You can imagine why...

It has to be that way...
So keep posting... respond to inquiries with your best shot... heck, If I and, others who work the forums as we can, were correct all the time, there'd be absolutely no need for the "development" team to respond... we're not, and won't be, and take our lumps when we are in error... (I'm pretty lumpy... .) 

Get noticed... in other words...  they'll let you know!

Cheers

Mike

(2015-06-24, 09:50)Cutty Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 06:25)Steph Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 01:10)Kalamara Wrote: So nothing really to add to TOA technology but a few bells and whistles.

System green starts recording when the signal already happend, so there is a part of the signal missing.
This can only be compensated to a certain point, since the start of the recording (which is also the signal time) is not very well defined but just a voltage exceeding a "random" value.

Step gave us the hint... there's more here than "Bells and Whistles".... and GUIs and layout... TOA and TOGA HAVE been around awhile!  But everything has evolved, and many of the server paradigms BT has implemented weren't considered or thought of 'then'.  For e.g. ...the VLF/ELF band has become 'noisy' with robot mowers, pet fences, submarine communications, etc.  Yes, evolution.  Yes, first Green, then Red, and coming soon, BLUE. 
Big Grin
Stations: 654
(2015-06-24, 09:50)Cutty Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 06:25)Steph Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 01:10)Kalamara Wrote: So nothing really to add to TOA technology but a few bells and whistles.

System green starts recording when the signal already happend, so there is a part of the signal missing.
This can only be compensated to a certain point, since the start of the recording (which is also the signal time) is not very well defined but just a voltage exceeding a "random" value.

Step gave us the hint... there's more here than "Bells and Whistles".... and GUIs and layout... TOA and TOGA HAVE been around awhile!  But everything has evolved, and many of the server paradigms BT has implemented weren't considered or thought of 'then'.  For e.g. ...the VLF/ELF band has become 'noisy' with robot mowers, pet fences, submarine communications, etc.  Yes, evolution.  Yes, first Green, then Red, and coming soon, BLUE. 
Big Grin

It is my understanding that if you are getting interference from any device to a spectrum the FCC regulations require that all manufacturers even lights must adhere to reducing the interference source. This in part involves part 15 radio devices. Any sources even lights especially the manufacturers must make sure they do not interfere radio spectrum including 9khz ham band and Vlf lightning systems. The navy submarine systems can not be interfered with too of course..Im tracing down these darn touch lights that cause engine pulsing in the 8khz and higher spectrum
and it must be coming from downstairs or near my apartment..these issues include power line noises.. the power company has to resolve those interference issues also!. I am acquiring radio spectrum analyzer renting one to catch all inteferences including as high frequencies as those cell towers!
FCC Rules Part 15 interference and radio sources. https://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engin...t63rev.pdf

God Luck to All!
Paul
Ham Radio Operator N4UUQ
Stations: 654
Hi All,
I have not seen a recent update from the leaders in a while.  Is there an anticipated date for the new hardware?  Are we talking 3rd quarter 2015 or 4th?  Or will it be 2016 sometime?

Jim
Please hold the line, "BLUE" is still under testing .

Thomas
First station in Namibia (Southern Africa), look at #1305 !
Stations: 1006, 1305
Re: Cutters? : "...For e.g. ...the VLF/ELF band has become 'noisy' with robot mowers, pet fences, submarine communications, etc.  Yes, evolution.  Yes, first Green, then Red, and coming soon, BLUE.  Big Grin"
and
Re: yours : "...even lights must adhere to reducing the interference source. This in part involves part 15 radio devices. Any sources even lights especially the manufacturers must make sure they do not interfere radio spectrum including 9khz ham band and Vlf lightning systems. The navy submarine systems can not be interfered with too of course..Im tracing down these darn touch lights that cause engine pulsing in the 8khz and higher spectrum
FCC Rules Part 15 interference and radio sources. https://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engin...t63rev.pdf
Paul
Ham Radio Operator N4UUQ"

Hello Paul,
Thanks for the FCC bulletin (wow, last edit 1996), I was completely ignorant of such (along with much else).  I am also interested in not stepping on ELF/VLF toes, and was also ignorant of a 9kHz ham band.  Is such a non-FCC allocation?  Please point me at any references that could add to filling in a newbie's gaps.  Also I'm open to any refs on Vlf lightning systems.
Lou/Blitzfeuer
Hoping to soon be a Ham Radio Operator Shy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lightning animation and map during year 2015 RongeLuk 3 22,417 2016-02-11, 16:13
Last Post: Hero