Blitzortung.org Newsletter 1/2015
Hallo ,
i´m also a owner of a green system and very interested to get a new blue system.
Please inform me if the new System is available or preorders are accepted.

I hope the blue version is plug and play.

With kind regards
Michael

Station: 1000
Stations: 1754
Hello,

I currently do not own a system and would be quite interested at the BLUE system. Please inform me if the new System is available or preorders are accepted.

Thank you very much and best regards

Christoph
I also do not currently own a system but am very interested in getting one. Hoping system blue is released soon. I have, I think, signed up to get emails when it is released. Will keep an eye on the forums though.

Thanks!
Jeff
Stations: 1591
Hi
I have 3 green stations and I will replace as son as possible to the blue hope its coming son.
best regard from Sweden
Stations: 148, 1598, 1601
Hi,

are they any news about the System BLUE? Schematics, comments, layout or any other intresting informations?

Regards

Guido
Hello,

I am also running a green station right now, and I would also be interested in upgrading to a blue station if the get available.

Thank you very much in advance,

Alexander
Stations: 544
hello,

i'm running a red system but would like the blue system when it becomes available.

Thanks.
Stations: 970
Hi Folks,

the launch of system blue will be delayed by some time period, because we were very busy during the last few months. However, we try to complete the development, as soon as possible.

Regards,
Egon
Stations: 2656, 3044
I am one of those GREEN stations that started when we started the USA stations Palm Beach Gardens Florida.

I have read the posting regarding the phasing out of the GREEN stations. Its only fair I hope that we will get
credit for the return of the Green Station Modules that were time consuming to build by others and me and
hopefully the BLUE systems come in at the right time that I will save my extra expenses (I hope) to send off
my old green system and get the BLUE system in response to the upgrades.

I don't know how financially it will fit some others depending how much the BLUE system will cost. I guess
time will tell who will stay and who will drop out.

Well anyway, whatever happens happens some may leave the network some may stay I hope given the
gravity of this situation I have encouragement to stay online.

Thanks Again and Hope for the Best.

Paul
Palm Beach Gardens Florida Confused Huh Dodgy   Lightning
Stations: 654
Kalamara, do I understand you right? You got some hardware some years ago (for cost price) and now you want the
developers to send you a new system on their costs?!
(2015-06-22, 17:33)Bonzo Wrote: Kalamara, do I understand you right? You got some hardware some years ago (for cost price) and now you want the

Well said
Stations: 1475
(2015-06-20, 12:10)Egon Wrote: Hi Folks,

the launch of system blue will be delayed by some time period, because we were very busy during the last few months. However, we try to complete the development, as soon as possible.

Regards,
Egon

Hi,
What does the team need to get the BLUE out?
Please contact me and let me know if I can assist in anyway.
Cheers.
I have also asked this question a few weeks ago before. Egon said to me "any help is appreciated" so I got the latest schematics and layout for the System Blue. Then I asked questions about the schemtaic and first time I received no Response. When I then asked again, Egon gave the impression as if he was too busy. I think that although help is needed but is not really helpful because only the developers are familiar to 100% with their system and they doesn't want to change the system. So we have to wait until their development have been completed to get then presented a new system a little later.
(2015-06-23, 06:15)Joel Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 17:33)Bonzo Wrote: Kalamara, do I understand you right? You got some hardware some years ago (for cost price) and now you want the

Well said

Hey im not asking something from nothing I had a person put this system together from a kit form and myself to get it going with the right antenna. If the darn thing works now why upgrade it? The TOA technology is nothing new. Its been around for awhile. Its not a complicated issue. I still also run lightning radar program on TOA mode shooting against my virtual station in the Canary Islands off Africa. I also have one station in France working with me. Long range lightning TOA is still a good method and works well. So nothing really to add to TOA technology but a few bells and whistles.

Good luck to everyone.!  Confused
Stations: 654
(2015-06-24, 01:10)Kalamara Wrote: So nothing really to add to TOA technology but a few bells and whistles.

System green starts recording when the signal already happend, so there is a part of the signal missing.
This can only be compensated to a certain point, since the start of the recording (which is also the signal time) is not very well defined but just a voltage exceeding a "random" value.
Stations: 233
(2015-06-24, 06:25)Steph Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 01:10)Kalamara Wrote: So nothing really to add to TOA technology but a few bells and whistles.

System green starts recording when the signal already happend, so there is a part of the signal missing.
This can only be compensated to a certain point, since the start of the recording (which is also the signal time) is not very well defined but just a voltage exceeding a "random" value.

Step gave us the hint... there's more here than "Bells and Whistles".... and GUIs and layout... TOA and TOGA HAVE been around awhile!  But everything has evolved, and many of the server paradigms BT has implemented weren't considered or thought of 'then'.  For e.g. ...the VLF/ELF band has become 'noisy' with robot mowers, pet fences, submarine communications, etc.  Yes, evolution.  Yes, first Green, then Red, and coming soon, BLUE. 
Big Grin

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2015-06-24, 09:50)Cutty Wrote: first Green, then Red, and coming soon, BLUE. 

I propose YELLOW for the next one Big Grin
Stations: 1475
I see blitzortung.org has changed the wording in 'Cover your Area' regarding availability.  Hopefully this means a 'go date' is now being considered or on the horizon.

Smile
(2015-07-01, 10:46)cg617 Wrote: I see blitzortung.org has changed the wording in 'Cover your Area' regarding availability.  Hopefully this means a 'go date' is now being considered or on the horizon.

Smile

Don't read too much into that.... just a rewrite...
System Blue is still very much in 'pre-production' development stage... but getting there... This has been a very busy year for the developers, out side of the "Blitzortung Project', so it is somewhat behind anticipated schedule...   Stay Tuned!
  Wink

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2015-07-01, 11:40)Cutty Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 10:46)cg617 Wrote: I see blitzortung.org has changed the wording in 'Cover your Area' regarding availability.  Hopefully this means a 'go date' is now being considered or on the horizon.

Smile

Don't read too much into that.... just a rewrite...
System Blue is still very much in 'pre-production' development stage... but getting there... This has been a very busy year for the developers, out side of the "Blitzortung Project', so it is somewhat behind anticipated schedule...   Stay Tuned!
  Wink

I completely understand that you are busy with your real life responsibilities, but I hope that you will understand as well that for those who have been waiting very long now (including me) in order to start participating, it becomes very frustrating to see these delays continuously build upon each other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lightning animation and map during year 2015 RongeLuk 3 22,424 2016-02-11, 16:13
Last Post: Hero