Just popping past to say Hi and Thanks!
Just popping in to say hello and thank you for a great resource.

The lightning data that the project provides has been invaluable to me for the last few years with what I do and whilst I'd love to get involved, where I live makes it difficult to locate a sensor system, but I'm a skilled PHP coder if that'd be any use!
Welcome then,
What do you mean by "makes it difficult to locate a sensor system"? New systems should be available this year. Egon may have some kits of the current version left (link)
MyBlitzortung (lightningmaps.org) is written in PHP but I think the code is only available to participants.
Or you can start your own project, but the data is also only available to participants.
However, any contribution is very welcome.
Stations: 233
(2015-04-26, 18:01)Steph Wrote: Welcome then,
What do you mean by "makes it difficult to locate a sensor system"?

Thanks Steph.  It's because I spend a lot of time on the road, and based in my job between two different countries so I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on it which is the pain but if things settle down in the future and I'm in a place where I can physically keep eyes on the sensors I'd have one set up in a heartbeat!
I see.

But once a station is set up properly, it usually doesn't need any attention.
And if it does, most can be done remotely via web interface.

But if you have a good idea to implement in MyBlitzortung-PHP (or another project), maybe the admins will allow you to access the data. It's not in my competence to decide.
Stations: 233