Historical strike data
Hi

Just new to the forum. First, just to say thanks for a great site, been looking at strikes in real-time for years before going to the mountains.

My question : does anyone store historical lightening strike data? I'm interested in data for Switzerland for Saturday 8th August. A list of strikes, long-lat coordinates and timestamp would be awesome.

Thanks for your help ! Smile

Stu
We all have access to data since we participate via a station. Outside that ? Only Egon or Tobi can answer to your question.
Stations: 1476
Thanks for your reply Eric. I'll pm them to find out.
Well I can't seem to pm so I'll leave a msg here for Toby or Egon, hopefully they'll see it. I'm interested in strikes in the Geneva canton area last Saturday 8th August, with lat-long coordinates and timestamp. I don't have a station (been thinking about it for a few years, if I did then I guess I'd be able to get the data) but I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help guys,

Stu
Members can search any date here:
http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung...how=search

If you need a list it's a bit more difficult.

Stations: 233
(2015-08-14, 16:00)Steph Wrote: Members can search any date here:
http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung...how=search

If you need a list it's a bit more difficult.

Thanks Steph, much appreciated !
Everyone can check historical data on Lightningmaps.org. Either on the dynamic map (i.e. http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/europe), then "More...". Or in the "Archives" section.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Hi Everyone...

Long time follower, first time poster.

First, do love the site. I use it frequently. It's great to show the kids when there's thunderstorms. Just put in to see if I can get a detector in my backyard to go with my Oregon Scientific...

Had a fast question relating to the above: I'm familiar with the archive, but is there a way to download in any format (JSON, XML, CSV, KML/KMZ)? Not picky about the structure... I've had to deal with gov't fixed width among others so I'm flexible.

I'm looking to ultimately get this into a Google Earth animation. And per other threads, definitively no, I'm not selling / putting ads / commercializing (in this particular case, unless settling a bet with a friend counts as commercial)...

Thanks!
(2015-10-30, 17:54)frisch Wrote: Hi Everyone...

First, do love the site. I use it frequently. It's great to show the kids when there's thunderstorms. Just put in to see if I can get a detector in my backyard to go with my Oregon Scientific...

Had a fast question relating to the above: I'm familiar with the archive, but is there a way to download in any format (JSON, XML, CSV, KML/KMZ)? Not picky about the structure... I've had to deal with gov't fixed width among others so I'm flexible.

I'm looking to ultimately get this into a Google Earth animation. And per other threads, definitively no, I'm not selling / putting ads / commercializing (in this particular case, unless settling a bet with a friend counts as commercial)...

Thanks!

Hello,

To have access to the Blitzortung data, you must be a participating member with a registered station.  

John Sacrey
Station: 1387
Stations: 1387
(2015-10-30, 23:02)John.Sacrey Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 17:54)frisch Wrote: Hi Everyone...

Thanks!

Hello,

To have access to the Blitzortung data, you must be a participating member with a registered station.  

John Sacrey
Hi John...

Understood. I have an application in for the sensor to place in the DC metro area. I was hoping to gain access to a particular location in Texas, but I can wait until the application is approved.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historical data question eee 5 14,550 2021-07-08, 20:38
Last Post: cutty
  Historical Maps not updating in hour up to 00:55 UTC DnNclsn 4 19,158 2018-08-06, 03:35
Last Post: DnNclsn