Data Access
If the answer is "perhaps obvious", why would someone keep repeating over and over what has already been stated in this and numerous other threads?

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Hi Cutty,

I can understand your frustration because of the many requests. However, I took care to read the publications of this thread (and I am not excellent in English, I am French). And I find that my situation is a little different.

For me, I will say that I have the right because the access will be in an open access part of my application (the rest of the content is paid) and I will not sell the data. But I have not seen a ban or permission to directly integrate your new vector map. I saw that it was allowed to use the raw data to make its own maps but is it the same for the Blitortung vector map already available?

I know that you receive many messages but believe me that I searched in what exists to find answers. It's not about malevolence, but I just want to do things right to comply with the politicy of this great project.

And I will soon invest in a red systemWink.
Stations: 507
(2019-05-02, 09:55)meteovergne Wrote: Hi Cutty,

I can understand your frustration because of the many requests. However, I took care to read the publications of this thread (and I am not excellent in English, I am French). And I find that my situation is a little different.

For me, I will say that I have the right because the access will be in an open access part of my application (the rest of the content is paid) and I will not sell the data. But I have not seen a ban or permission to directly integrate your new vector map. I saw that it was allowed to use the raw data to make its own maps but is it the same for the Blitortung vector map already available?

I know that you receive many messages but believe me that I searched in what exists to find answers. It's not about malevolence, but I just want to do things right to comply with the politicy of this great project.

And I will soon invest in a red systemWink.
I Understand..  However, I'd suggest that, barring any specific direct permission from Egon, who 'Owns' Blitzortung:
  • The project may not represent commercial interests.
  • It must be of general interest for the participants of Blitzortung.org.
  • It must be different from existing projects. Do not just re-implement other projects. Do not setup yet another visualization of online data.
  • All applications that use our data must be freely accessible.
  • The source of the data must be clearly identified.
  • The operator must prevent any possible misuse of the data provided, as far as this is possible.
The applications (web sites, apps, ...) have to retrieve their data from a separate server and not from the servers of Blitzortung.org. All data remain under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licens
------
And, for the Vector map specifically, any OpenStreetMap restrictions:
[Image: vector_copyright.png]

Additionally, both LMO and BT depend on the minuscule Ad revenue to help defray costs of operation.

Why not simply add a direct LINK to the vector maps pages into your app?

Mike

[quote pid='20548' dateline='1556798578']
Why not simply add a direct LINK to the vector maps pages into your app?

Mike
[/quote]

That's exactly what I want to do: integrate this new map in the application, the users click on the link and the map opens. That would be perfect. So it's goodWink?
(2019-05-02, 12:16)meteovergne Wrote: That's exactly what I want to do: integrate this new map in the application, the users click on the link and the map opens. That would be perfect. So it's goodWink?

Heh... Blush ... of course... Big Grin ....  when you said 'integrate into'... Huh
Rolleyes  alll good. Blitzortung.org Heart  direct page links...

All right ! I will do that. We finally managed to understand each other. Thank you and have good day Wink
(2019-05-01, 17:29)meteovergne Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 21:07)meteovergne Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to directly integrate this new map into the free part of my smartphone / tablet application, in keeping with your data usage policy?

http://map.blitzortung.org/

Thank you for your answer.
Alexandre.

Could someone answer me? It would be niceWink The answer is perhaps obvious but I wish above all to respect the data access policy of this great service. Thank you !

Your question would attract a lot more attention if you started a new thread.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2019-05-02, 18:58)mwaters Wrote:
(2019-05-01, 17:29)meteovergne Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 21:07)meteovergne Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to directly integrate this new map into the free part of my smartphone / tablet application, in keeping with your data usage policy?

http://map.blitzortung.org/

Thank you for your answer.
Alexandre.

Could someone answer me? It would be niceWink The answer is perhaps obvious but I wish above all to respect the data access policy of this great service. Thank you !

Your question would attract a lot more attention if you started a new thread.

??? His question was answered...and issue solved, just above your post...

???

Hello Bliztortung community!

I'm a PhD student in Almería (Spain). I found your project looking for lightning data available online - I need it to advance on my research - and i am wondering if it is possible to use your data for scientific publications (giving the due credit to the site, of course). I have been looking around the forum and the website and found no mention about the subject, sorry if i missed it!

If there is no problem with it, I would like to know if you'd accept other ways to collaborate with the project to gain access to the data. I have already subscribed on the list to get a system blue but i am the last on the list... and i don't mind waiting to install the sensor, but the sooner i could get the data, the better.

Cheers,

Manolo Soler.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data archive access kaklik 1 1,504 2023-07-20, 10:38
Last Post: kaklik
  Data access for bushfire research project ryanstocks00 0 4,322 2020-12-15, 12:37
Last Post: ryanstocks00
  Historical data access ricky_mnt 1 11,953 2018-06-19, 08:32
Last Post: cutty
  Access to archive data to trace 3 Sprites greg_priestley 0 8,103 2018-02-20, 00:30
Last Post: greg_priestley
  Live Data Access mlohr 2 16,722 2017-08-31, 08:12
Last Post: frederic34