Station in Brazil
In Brazil, there are two Blitzortung stations.  I work at a Research Institute and would like to meet a Blitzortung station to see how it works. Do you know who the person is responsible for the stations?

913 Rio de Janeiro, Copacabana

939 Rio de Janeiro, Fundão
Same here, albeit further away.
I live in Stockholm / Sweden & have just bought a Blue kit.
How can one find other users locally?

Cheers/M
(2017-04-20, 17:06)Max_Headroom Wrote: Same here, albeit further away.
I live in Stockholm / Sweden & have just bought a Blue kit.
How can one find other users locally?

Cheers/M

Sorry, folks...
...to comply with various international privacy laws we don't make public any member information... even public map locations for stations are 'disguised' or approximate ... an operator may respond if they choose.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
So I would like to know who installed the station in Rio de Janeiro so I can take some doubts about its operation.

Tanks
Dear Armando Camara, this is great to have you on Blitzordnung forum.
Blitzordnung needs your help to spread in Brazil., especially if you are a scientist.

To help in Brasil, are you aware of a national GNNS network (GPS positionning) or of a National Geodesian institute ? This kind of research institute usually have noise free sites with Internet access all around the country. I found this on the Internet:

Brasil: IBGE Brasil
www.ibge.gov.br/home/geociencias/geodesia/estadual.shtm

Brasil map for GNNS with hundreds of receivers (I guess so, but I don't speak Brasilian):
ftp://geoftp.ibge.gov.br/informacoes_sob...aduais.pdf

Adding a few lightning detectors on top a some GNNS should be easy.
GNNS receptors are very common and installation is comparable to a Blitzordung receiver (except that Blitzordnung receivers are NOT products).

Any direct contact with scientists at IBGE would be very useful if you would like to spread Blitzordnung.

In your case, the best would be to install a first station in your institute.
What kind of Information do you need?
(2017-04-24, 12:50)armando.camara Wrote: So I would like to know who installed the station in Rio de Janeiro so I can take some doubts about its operation.

Tanks
Hi, 

I only see then thread now.
I was running the 2 stations, but I moved back to Europe with those. I sent you a mail via the forum.
Stations: 913, 939
A friend in Brasil is interested in also setting up one or more receivers. In fact how many of them would it take until the critical mass is reached and the frist strikes will be detected?
Stations: 1970
The more, the better but a few ones should already give some results.
Detectors in USA will be able to help a bit.
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
Would be nice some stations in Brazil!
I installed this week a station in Chile and is already getting some strokes detected of central and north America.
A few more in Brazil and we could get located strokes in South America, specially in the Amazonas, there is a LOT of lightning activity!
Sadly, @cmcedric had 2 stations in running in Brazil, but the he moved back to Europe and took the stations with him.
I saw in another forum post that somebody wanted to install a station in the Falkland islands, I don't know if something happened with this?
Stations: 1818
(2017-08-19, 09:15)maruta Wrote: Would be nice some stations in Brazil!
I installed this week a station in Chile and is already getting some strokes detected of central and north America.
A few more in Brazil and we could get located strokes in South America, specially in the Amazonas, there is a LOT of lightning activity!
Sadly, @cmcedric had 2 stations in running in Brazil, but the he moved back to Europe and took the stations with him.
I saw in another forum post that somebody wanted to install a station in the Falkland islands, I don't know if something happened with this?

Hi Armando,

I have the same problem in Portugal. I would like to know who are the stations owners to share knowledge between us and try to get more installed stations here.
I created a facebook group and try to find the owners. GPS location help us ;-) https://www.facebook.com/groups/843122189172095/
We already made a successful crowdfunding to buy one station. Now we have 15 working stations and We want continue to increase the number os installed stations.

Since I start to collect strike activity around Portugal on a local database I implemented also some facebook group alert msg, when station are down.

Abraço
Paulo Sérgio
Stations: 1873, 1921
Hi Armando,

I'm located in Santa Catarina, Itajaí region, and also interested in setting up a monitoring station.

May be we could workout the logistics to deploy a couple detectors. You can PM me if you are still interested.

Abraço,
Ricardo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Station in central Brazil Burajirujin 3 21,427 2014-07-23, 20:28
Last Post: W3DRM