need comment for signal quality
Dear Form users,

recently I have installed station id 1859 and I am not sure for the signal receive and sent quality, can experts advise me if all is ok,
additionally as I am a new user can anyone advise me how to setup alerts,
thanks and bregards
C.Kosal
Stations: 1859, 1953, 1956, 1957
There is a lot of noise around 120kHz at channel B.
Try to decrease gains.

I'm not an expert but I wonder if the LP filter couldn't be useful in that case.
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
(2017-06-21, 07:14)DelandeC Wrote: There is a lot of noise around 120kHz at channel B.
Try to decrease gains.

I'm not an expert but I wonder if the LP filter couldn't be useful in that case.

Dear DelandeC,

thank you for information,do you know how to setup filter?
thanks
The LP filter requires the optional chips to be installed and to be honest that little bit of noise around 120 kHz I'd not worry about. Take a look at my station for noise/interference. Currently unfiltered in manual, equal gains but with higher threshold for the second channel.

What I do find curious from your station is that only Ch1B (yellow on LMO) is predominantly reported with only the occasional Ch1A (red). The red channel also appears to have a large spike a bit above 20 kHz that doesn't appear on the other channel. And when the red channel does appear it's signal doesn't really match that on the yellow. OK they rarely do match but are normally a similar shape with the peak levels different, the phase isn't important. Something not quite right with the antennas?
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2017-07-19, 11:20)allsorts Wrote: The LP filter requires the optional chips to be installed and to be honest that little bit of noise around 120 kHz I'd not worry about. Take a look at my station for noise/interference. Currently unfiltered in manual, equal gains but with higher threshold for the second channel.

What I do find curious from your station is that only Ch1B (yellow on LMO) is predominantly reported with only the occasional Ch1A (red). The red channel also appears to have a large spike a bit above 20 kHz that doesn't appear on the other channel. And when the red channel does appear it's signal doesn't really match that on the yellow. OK they rarely do match but are normally a similar shape with the peak levels different, the phase isn't important. Something not quite right with the antennas?

Dear Dave,
thank you very much for your comment, two antenna attached each other with tape 90 degrees angle (sea attached picture), I have placed antenna to top of non-working satellite dish towards to round area of dish, could it be the reason of signal quality? and there are some air-condition engines are approx. 3 meters away from the antenna, but you mentioned that only Ch1A is effected that confused me.

regards
Coskun

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is one of those ferrites vertical? As I understand it they both ought to be horizontal. I have 3 loops, 2 vertical and 1 horizontal the horizontal loop produces a very different siganl to the vertical ones, much like your first channel. Note: Loops operate "opposite" to ferrites.

I hope you used something like self amalgamting tape to make the antenna assembly, ordinary insulation tape won't keep the damp out, don't forget the free end either. Being creative with solvent weld plastic waste water pipe and fittings, T peice, stop ends and access caps may be better, have search for what others have done for ideas.
Cheers
Dave.

(2017-07-19, 13:36)allsorts Wrote: Is one of those ferrites vertical? As I understand it they both ought to be horizontal.  I have 3 loops, 2 vertical and 1 horizontal the horizontal loop produces a very different siganl to the vertical ones, much like your first channel. Note: Loops operate "opposite" to ferrites.

I hope you used something like self amalgamting tape to make the antenna assembly, ordinary insulation tape won't keep the damp out, don't forget the free end either. Being creative with solvent weld plastic waste water pipe and fittings, T peice, stop ends and access caps may be better, have search for what others have done for ideas.

Dear Dave,

they both horizontal, do I have to place one in vertical and other is horizontal? and attaced Taype is normal electrical used tape, thank again for support I will do some modification,

regards/ Coskun
Both horizontal is how they should be, must be the angle of the photo. I wonder if the metal of the dish is affecting things, is it steel? Where is the pre-amp? That needs to be close to the ferrites.

Looks like you've had a fiddle, a very quick look showed much more consistent signals and I think your LMO "Locating Ratio" has gone up.
Cheers
Dave.

Interference around 125kHz is not important. The worst is in the 17-18kHz around. There are often many harmonics with high amplitudes. See what this looks like in the time domain signal. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it - in the 10kHz-30kHz range. These are the frequencies of lightning signals. It can help reduce gain or change antenna orientation.
(2017-07-20, 08:50)kriu Wrote: Interference around 125kHz is not important. The worst is in the 17-18kHz around. There are often many harmonics with high amplitudes. See what this looks like in the time domain signal. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it - in the 10kHz-30kHz range. These are the frequencies of lightning signals. It can help reduce gain or change antenna orientation.

Thanks Kriu,
Dear All,

I am tracking activitty response of stations around Turkey and noticed that station ID 18 and Station ID 417 has almost all lightning activity signals, I wonder how the setup could be? if one of you own this stations would you mind sharing type of antenna and system setup configurations.
regards/ C.Kosal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is good station quality? cbhiii 8 39,441 2017-03-30, 03:30
Last Post: cbhiii01