Location on LightningMaps.org
Where do we report problems with the LightningMaps.org page?  It's very difficult to figure out who and where to make reports.

Currently the "your location" feature is not working... or at least is not displaying the icon...  some days now.  No changes on my end.
Stations: 1961
The "location" works here. Nothing has changed since months. Which device, browser etc. do you use?
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2017-08-13, 08:31)Tobi Wrote: The "location" works here. Nothing has changed since months. Which device, browser etc. do you use?

Thanks for the move; apologize for not looking closer for the appropriate forum in which to post inquiry.

Device: Dell Latitude E6540 running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 55.0.1

I'd always wondered how LM.org system could fix a location (even an approx.) without some sort of location info.  I just assumed it was using the something from the IP/carrier/headers of the provider on my end.
If I knew how it worked, I'd better be able to troubleshoot the issue on my own.

If the issue is not on y'alls end, then I apologize for disturbing you.  Smile
The geolocation feature is implemented in every modern browser. But you have to allow the browser to use it on the map.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2017-08-13, 13:01)KY5G Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 08:31)Tobi Wrote: The "location" works here. Nothing has changed since months. Which device, browser etc. do you use?

Thanks for the move; apologize for not looking closer for the appropriate forum in which to post inquiry.

Device: Dell Latitude E6540 running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 55.0.1

I'd always wondered how LM.org system could fix a location (even an approx.) without some sort of location info.  I just assumed it was using the something from the IP/carrier/headers of the provider on my end.
If I knew how it worked, I'd better be able to troubleshoot the issue on my own.

If the issue is not on y'alls end, then I apologize for disturbing you.  Smile

for firefox : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/geolocation/
Stations: 1476
Checked permissions, location services were ON... Deleted cookies, closed browser, cold reboot, open browser and back to lightningmaps.org.... One over the world look.

Allowed cookies, site did NOT ask permission to access location so I granted that permission.

It would appear that location services are functioning properly as it approximately centers the map on my location...

The thing that is NOT working correctly is the location icon (blue circle) is not displaying NOR is the tolerance circle when the location hasn't been fixed.
At 4:11 PM CST, the location target icon turned blue when I clicked it... and the location dot showed up and the lines, and all the other stuff started working again.

The target icon had been black for some days and did nothing but show the ALT text for the image when you hovered or clicked on it.

WHATEVER the issue was seems to have been resolved. Bugs me that I don't know what it was, what caused it, or how it was fixed.

Thanks!
(2017-08-13, 21:14)KY5G Wrote: At 4:11 PM CST, the location target icon turned blue when I clicked it...  and the location dot showed up and the lines, and all the other stuff started working again.

The target icon had been black for some days and did nothing but show the ALT text for the image when you hovered or clicked on it.

WHATEVER the issue was seems to have been resolved.  Bugs me that I don't know what it was, what caused it, or how it was fixed.

Thanks!

From time to time, Lightning Maps Org will exceed the maximum GOOGLE mapping API usage allowed in 24 hrs. Alternatives are being explored.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2017-08-14, 09:22)Cutty Wrote: From time to time, Lightning Maps Org will exceed the maximum GOOGLE mapping API usage allowed in 24 hrs. Alternatives are being explored.

Thank you, sir!  Smile

Makes perfect sense and I can cross the thought off my list.  Smile

Hope y'all find a solution, although it's nice to see the familiar interface using that API.

Appreciate your taking the time to respond...