Help new system blue
Sad 
I took delivery of my equipment yesterday and spent all day soldering the parts to main board. I have connected up to the power supply and nothing seems to work and only led that works is power and gps. I'm really stuck now and need some help please?

I have attached a picture of what I have done and welcome your feedback please?

For some reason I can't add a picture.....

the board is 19.3c and followed the instructions on http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php

Should be a picture now attached
Please tell us precisely what you connected. Did you connect the system to a router? Did you add a small makeshift E field antenna just to check? Or did you connect the H field ferrites? 
When connecting to a router, you can check via the router which IP address the system has, make it fixed, then you can access the system interface via the browser.
Stations: 1836
(2017-09-17, 14:04)pasense Wrote: Please tell us precisely what you connected. Did you connect the system to a router? Did you add a small makeshift E field antenna just to check? Or did you connect the H field ferrites? 
When connecting to a router, you can check via the router which IP address the system has, make it fixed, then you can access the system interface via the browser.

I just connected the system to the router using a crossover RJ45 cable and nothing else to see if the system works contently. The system wasnt looking at the router so not giving me any IP address
Do not use a crossover cable! A normal CAT5 cable is OK!!!
(2017-09-17, 13:37)mikey141 Wrote: I took delivery of my equipment yesterday and spent all day soldering the parts to main board. I have connected up to the power supply and nothing seems to work and only led that works is power and gps. I'm really stuck now and need some help please?

I have attached a picture of what I have done and welcome your feedback please?

For some reason I can't add a picture.....

the board is 19.3c and followed the instructions on http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php

Should be a picture now attached

It looks like you have a jumper in the middle position near the USB port. When power is applied to the USB port, move the jumper from the middle to the end.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Also, the instructions are here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KzPZ...1501234474
http://www.blitzortung.org/Documents/TOA...ng_RED.pdf
Regards,
Mike W.
Mike
I've done this and nothing is working instead of the red power light and swapped over the RJ45 cable as well.

I've been using normal USB plugs that are used to charge mobile phones and do I need to looking into another power supply instead?
(2017-09-17, 14:52)mikey141 Wrote: Mike
I've done this and nothing is working instead of the red power light and swapped over the RJ45 cable as well.

I've been using normal USB plugs that are used to charge mobile phones and do I need to looking into another power supply instead?

What is your power supply?
Regards,
Mike W.
output DC5.0V 3500MA
I've also not carried out 2.2.6 Digital filter option of the instructions and don't think that should make a difference?

I have a PCB 19.3c board and should I follow 2.3 Voltage regulator extension instructions about IC502?
With the new board, no work concerning the voltage regulator is required.
Have you checked the solder joints very carefully?
solder joints look ok and attached pictures but will double check again
Are the LEDs on the "Network" socket on (green) and flashing (yellow)??
I've checked all the soldering again and then connected it up and the rear is steady green and flashing yellow, but nothing else happening.
Its seems that the router is talking to the system, so try to connect via the router. 
Enter the router setup, check under which IP address the system is connected, use this IP address in your browser to access the system. If that works, we can check further.
What does the Signals graph look like? Could you post it here?
Regards,
Mike W.
I'm finding this a bit strange because if I plug the RJ45 into a switch it lights up green and yellow but can't see any IP address when logging into the router. Then if I plug it into the back of the router nothing happens to the system. Thanks for everyone's help and will try again tomorrow if I don't throw it out the window first......
Try a different socket on the router or switch. I hope nothing was damaged when you connected the system to the router with the crossover cable; I cannot say if that can be critical. 
The first thing is to get access via the router, without that there is little one can do.
But the instructions states using a crossover cable...
Which instruction? Have I missed something? Crossover cables are for connecting computer to computer directly, not computer to router. I immediately used a normal ethernet cat5 cable and it worked.
The system blue assembly instructions say:
"The router is connected at the RJ45 network port with a shielded twisted pair network cable (FTP,STP, S/STP, or S/FTP)."