Logging in problem
Registered a couple of days ago.  Cannot log-in from opening page, get the error message that I am not registered.  If I go to the email I received with the URL link, I am told there is no need as I am already registered.  If I go to the 'Log In' button on that page, I am logged in.  I am confused  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.    "Doc"
I'm wondering if you're clicking the 'login' on the top main menu... which is the Blitzortung Operators only, instead of the 'dropdown' forum access... non-operators have no access to the 'Blitzortung' area.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Thanks, I THINK I have it figgered out now. I have to protest a teeny bit that I encountered a sort of "Who Knew" situation with the site offering a "Login" in more than one place. The Login DOES WORK on the Forums page.

OK, I can set up a receiver in SW Ohio and/or the Tampa, FL area. How do I get started? BTW Have been a 'ham' for almost 70 years, so I think I probably have the soldering bit under control <grin> Doc
Heh.. Doc...
heh... the logging in is probably the 'least' confusing thing about this 'experimental' hobbyist network/system...
but glad you made it...
...yeah, the operators sort of write the manual.... heh...

You've got to go to the "Cover Your Area" page...
http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php  
Make sure you explore everything there, and if you're convinced,
about midway down you'll see a small form to request a kit...

Having done that, prepare to be patient...
Kits are produced in 'limited'  batches, giving the developer team a chance to make any
discovered hardware glitches, etc, between production runs, etc...
and the offers to purchase are prioritized something like this:
1 Current Operators with an obsolete Green System... a few remain...
2. Current Operators for various reasons....
3. Systems for world regions where the station density is low, such as Africa, etc.
4. And then we get tp the order on the list you'll be signing up on....
Confused which is quite long....
SW Ohio geographically is excellent.... I'm 80 mi south of Cinti and if it weren't for all my local noise sources, we'd be detecting pretty much all of NA, and a lot of SA... now, locating is a different story.... as you'll see this is about 'locating' sferics, not just 'detecting' them... and is based on the timing of detection, and quality of data received across the nominal 3-30kHz band, though we can process up to 300kHz BW of impulse energy. that's currently restricted to approx. 220kHz on System Blue....

Your kit, when you get it, will be mostly assembled, except for some jacks and optional items...
just remember the proper end of the soldering iron to grab is the cold one

"The List" is long but unless things of changed when it comes to actually ordering and parting with the money a significant proportion drop out.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2018-09-12, 21:51)allsorts Wrote: "The List" is long but unless things of changed when it comes to actually ordering and parting with the money a significant proportion drop out.

I think it's a "significant number +... waiting for them to 'refuse" or "confirm" simply delays things more, I suspect

I'd assume that Egon has some form of timeout within which to get a yay/nay/no response to the "place your order" email and manages the number of responses being waited upon such that the number of orders that actually materialise is at a level that can be picked, packed and posted fairly quickly.

Say 2 orders/day can be processed and the drop out rate is 75%. That's eight "place your order" emails with the clock ticking and each completed order triggers the sending of 4 more "place your order" emails. My rank moved at about 10/day when the July 16 batch of boards arrived. I had expressed an interest before the the rank system was put in place but that would have only put me in front of those applying later, being in the UK I wouldn't have had any "special location" priority
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2018-09-13, 09:02)allsorts Wrote: I'd assume that Egon has some form of timeout within which to get a yay/nay/no response to the "place your order" email and manages the number of responses being waited upon such that the number of orders that actually materialise is at a level that can be picked, packed and posted fairly quickly.

Say 2 orders/day can be processed and the drop out rate is 75%. That's eight "place your order" emails with the clock ticking and each completed order triggers the sending of 4 more "place your order" emails. My rank moved at about 10/day when the July 16 batch of boards arrived. I had expressed an interest before the the rank system was put in place but that would have only put me in front of those applying later, being in the UK I wouldn't have had any "special location" priority

When I received notification that I could order a system blue in March 2017 I had 14 days to respond.
Stations: 1888

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logging in problem paulasara84 1 6,455 2020-12-15, 16:17
Last Post: cutty