Accra station fails to connect
Station 1592 has been installed properly six months ago in a location in Accra/Ghana which provides reliable network. The issue is that it got never contacted to it. Before it worked well for some weeks of testing at different places in Ghana using a mobile router.
I recently tested again under the some conditions as it worked before using that mobile router. But now I´m not even able to enter the admin´s menu under 192.168.xxx.xx while the indicator lights are presenting some strange pattern as following.
When switching on the device, first Fault and Alarm indicators are on. After some seconds Power, Mode, Network and GPS indicators are on (but the GPS doesn´t flash first when searching for satellites). And now, every some 30 seconds the Mode, Network and GPS indicators go out for a split second followed by a short double-flash of the Signal indicator.
Any ideas how to fix the problem with in-house means here in Ghana. Or is it to be taken back for repair?

Thanx for any help provided.
Photo 
(2018-11-12, 19:49)afram Wrote: Station 1592 has been installed properly six months ago in a location in Accra/Ghana which provides reliable network. The issue is that it got never contacted to it. Before it worked well for some weeks of testing at different places in Ghana using a mobile router.
I recently tested again under the some conditions as it worked before using that mobile router. But now I´m not even able to enter the admin´s menu under 192.168.xxx.xx while the indicator lights are presenting some strange pattern as following.
When switching on the device, first Fault and Alarm indicators are on. After some seconds Power, Mode, Network and GPS indicators are on (but the GPS doesn´t flash first when searching for satellites). And now, every some 30 seconds the Mode, Network and GPS indicators go out for a split second followed by a short double-flash of the Signal indicator.
Any ideas how to fix the problem with in-house means here in Ghana. Or is it to be taken back for repair?

Thanx for any help provided.

Today I did what I should have done before posting a thread: I opened the housing and found some parts partially came loose from the board, namely that three inductors soldered just behind the Power LED. I recognize a small dimple at the front covering, so the damage is most likely caused by an unnoticed shock.
Is there any chance to get it fixed when I take it back to Germany by mid of December? I´m personally not able to carry out such delicate soldering jobs. Or qualifies it to obtain new detector hardware? If so, we soon will run a station in Accra.
Thanks in advance for any help and greetings from Ghana.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Message Egon, he may be able to help you.
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539