new to this project and love it! wanna help!
Hi.

I  am an Electrical Engineer that has been building TDOA
systems for about the last 20 years. I have always wanted
to build a  lightning geo location system, but it looks like
I have been beaten to the punch.

My question is, where can I buy the parts for this setup ?
Is there a kit available? I cant seem to find a GIT hub for the
software / boards etc..

I have pick and place machinery available to me, so if there
is interest in a group build, I would be happy to help.

Thanks!!
Similar question asked earlier, with the answer. Smile
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...3#pid22773
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Yeah, that's sort of my point -- "If you want to get informed when new hardware is available or if you think your site is very special"
I want to help make the hardware - that's what I am good at. I dont want to wait for someone else to do it for me... I figure the
more nodes, the better, as geometry is usually the dominating factor when it comes to geolocation.
The point is that the hardware should be identical for all participants so that the data and its timing are also trustworthy.
Stations: 92, 1563
(2020-08-13, 22:58)louloulou Wrote: Yeah, that's sort of my point -- "If you want to get informed when new hardware is available or if you think your site is very special"
I want to help make the hardware - that's what I am good at. I dont want to wait for someone else to do it for me... I figure the
more nodes, the better, as geometry is usually the dominating factor when it comes to geolocation.
It’s also a case of the server availability, allowing unrestricted numbers of stations would require a massive increase in server capability, by controlling the hardware both quality and data levels can be managed, I don’t think there’s much likelihood of anyone else being encouraged to build clone hardware.
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wanna host antennas on rooftop of 12 stages house in centre of city Thak1974 3 378 2024-03-18, 11:10
Last Post: cutty
  thanks for the project bobby mcconnell 0 7,783 2017-04-30, 17:04
Last Post: bobby mcconnell