System Blue: available (I did not receive a message)?
Hi everybody.

Because I was wondering about the system blue status, I checked the website today (after not visiting blitzortung for a long while).
Surprise: system blue seems to be available. Huh

That is good news.
However I never received an email from blitzortung, despite the fact that I signed up for it (getting an email as soon as system blue is available) more then once.
Are there more people who didn't get that email?
(2016-05-07, 20:36)JumpingJ Wrote: Surprise: system blue seems to be available. Huh

Surprise yourself! System Blue is NOT available yet!  There are a handful of development / prelease systems (production 1) being tested.
Please see this post: https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1656

Cheers!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Question 
(2016-05-07, 21:28)Cutty Wrote: Surprise yourself! System Blue is NOT available yet!  There are a handful of development / prelease systems (production 1) being tested.
Please see this post: https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1656

Cheers!
Mike

Hi Mike,
Thank you for replying.

I've been reading the thread yesterday and because of that thread  I thought that system blue was available.
Rereading it I find it a very confusing message.
Maybe it's me, maybe I'm reading it with a wishful thinking attitude.
I don't know.

What I do know is that the message is saying two things:
1. You can order system blue now.
2. You have to wait until it is available.

It leaves me very confused.

Quote:
Quote: The next 100 boards (2nd round) are in the manufacturing (assembly), with little delay due to the unavailability of some parts.

Current status:
The next 100 boards (2nd round) are in the manufacturing (assembly).

Next expected status: You can start your order. Please consider the current  Order List.

If you want to order then please
1.) wait for the availabilty,
2.) select what you want,
3.) compute the price including your shipping method and payment method,
4.) write me an email (egon [Image: smile.gif] blitzortung.org) about what do you want to order and the postal address for shipping.
Blush  I can see how that would be! Smile
It is a bit confusing... sometimes language to different language develops strange phrasing, as I suspect happened here...
that's why they pay Don and me such a high salary to attempt forum moderation Rolleyes (...sometimes we don't know what's going on behind the curtain...)

Stay tuned, and send Egon an Email just as soon as hardware is announced, don't wait for an email 'notification' ... he has about all he can deal with right now...

Do be aware, however, that the 2nd production may be prioritized for regions with lower density than Europe, initially, for example... and also remember that this is a non profit, experimental, hobby, so production and development costs are absorbed by the developers, and additional production depends on 'cash' returns from previous kits... In and then Out, so to speak. Production 2 (assy 20.2) will be 100, and additional production/distribution typically will be about 4-6 weeks, + quality checks before release, depending on parts availability... which has delayed Production 2.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
<snip>......that's why they pay Don and me such a high salary to attempt forum moderation.....</snip> Big Grin

Thank you for explaining.

I'm pretty sure that your pay check will arrive some of these days Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error message on lightningmaps.org ho4440ew 8 31,884 2019-03-19, 08:02
Last Post: ho4440ew