Access
When do the new blue owners gain access to the rest of the forums?  I am reading the manuals and have some questions that maybe answered there about some general things such as antennas, etc.

Best,

Jeff
(2016-05-31, 02:46)Jeffm5690 Wrote: When do the new blue owners gain access to the rest of the forums?  I am reading the manuals and have some questions that maybe answered there about some general things such as antennas, etc.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff, Several things happen when you start your station up... it sounds a bit backassward, but that's the way user id numbers are established for the internals.
Meantime, all isn't lost! 
about everything the Americas Operators have learned is at https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=21 and there's enough there to make a sane person a bit abnormal.
If you've not joined WxForum, that's where we hang out, and some images won't be visible unless you're logged in there... Then when you get your station number and user ID, you can join us at http://sferics.us also.
Welcome!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Thanks Cutty. As a new user, I was a bit confused about this too.
@Robo: We don't have much rules for the forum and for the project at all. Just "be nice and tolerant" is the most important one, which includes "use the appropriate and correct language". If someone accidentally uses words or says something which you don't understand, then just ask friendly for an explanation. You've ignored this rule already very often by posting a lot of German text. Now you are blaming others for exactly the same thing. If you continue with your behavior, then you will get (at least) banned for some time. This is the last warning. We can not tolerate this any more, we don't have time for that.

Back to on-topic: If you ordered your station, just ask for login data in advance. To make it easier for us, you can create your login from the stations web-interface after powering up.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Off-topic threads have been moved here: https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1711
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
I put it together and am online. My station 1480 shows up (of course I have to finish the antennas, etc), but I have not gotten my activation email to allow me to log into the website, etc. How long does that typically take?
(2016-06-12, 22:24)Jeffm5690 Wrote: I put it together and am online.  My station 1480 shows up (of course I have to finish the antennas, etc), but I have not gotten my activation email to allow me to log into the website, etc.  How long does that typically take?

Hi,

Welcome to the Blitz network.

Normally it doesn't long. Egon or Tobi will get you taken care of when they have a minute.  

John
Station: 1387
Stations: 1387
(2016-06-12, 22:29)John.Sacrey Wrote:
(2016-06-12, 22:24)Jeffm5690 Wrote: I put it together and am online.  My station 1480 shows up (of course I have to finish the antennas, etc), but I have not gotten my activation email to allow me to log into the website, etc.  How long does that typically take?

Hi,

Welcome to the Blitz network.

Normally it doesn't long. Egon or Tobi will get you taken care of when they have a minute.  

John

Thanks John.  I can't wait.  Hopefully in the next day or so that will be all set.