Housing for System Blue (laser cut/3d print)
looks good in transparent acrylic!
Stations: 1876, 2013, 2257, 2272
[Image: Blitzortung%20Wall-L.jpg]

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I think the aluminium housing provides some shielding from the various sources of noise that we all have about us and I consider it a backward step to remove this added protection!
Brian. 1856 Vilaboa Huh
Stations:
(2018-04-13, 22:09)readbueno Wrote: I think the aluminium housing provides some shielding from the various sources of noise that we all have about us and I consider it a backward step to remove this added protection!
Brian. 1856 Vilaboa Huh

What tests have you performed to prove that, Brian?  Wink
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2018-04-13, 22:14)mwaters Wrote:
(2018-04-13, 22:09)readbueno Wrote: I think the aluminium housing provides some shielding from the various sources of noise that we all have about us and I consider it a backward step to remove this added protection!
Brian. 1856 Vilaboa Huh

What tests have you performed to prove that, Brian?  Wink

Brian, if that were necessarily the case, do you really believe I would have my "Blitz Wall' configured as in the above image, Rolleyes within inches of 3 large monitor screens, and within two meters of 5 operating PC Towers, routers, modems etc????  Angel
 In this situation, my junk is H field Antenna, received noise... the Controllers, and E amplifer for the Reds just quietly do their thing.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
My thinking exactly! Those 3 stations are performing superbly without any shielding whatsoever!
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
O.K. Folk's! I know absolutely nothing I am just another grumpy old fool! Huh
Forgive/ignore my input/intrusion into this topic. Blush
My profuse apologies!
We can all believe what we want to, but that does not make it true? Dodgy
Intuitively, if a electronic circuit has a metal case, it is better shielded than the same circuit without that case? Angel
Maybe, you have just got the settings correct to cover/mask any bad effects? Exclamation
Kindest regards,
Brian. 1856 Vilaboa. Smile
P.S. I am never right in any of the forums that I post in! Even, when I agree with people, there is always someone that wants to disagree. I am too old to fight. So, just ignore me and I will fade into the background gracefully. Cool Big Grin
Stations:
(2018-04-14, 08:11)readbueno Wrote: O.K. Folk's! I know absolutely nothing I am just another grumpy old fool! Huh
Forgive/ignore my input/intrusion into this topic. Blush
My profuse apologies!
We can all believe what we want to, but that does not make it true? Dodgy
Intuitively, if a electronic circuit has a metal case, it is better shielded than the same circuit without that case? Angel
Maybe, you have just got the settings correct to cover/mask any bad effects? Exclamation
Kindest regards,
Brian. 1856 Vilaboa. Smile
P.S. I am never right in any of the forums that I post in! Even, when I agree with people, there is always someone that wants to disagree. I am too old to fight. So, just ignore me and I will fade into the background gracefully. Cool Big Grin

Is the used alu house grounded?
I ll think that if you use the ground as provided, and connect it to the print provided it would be ok. Otherwise you should make use of the cage of Faraday so you will need to ground th ehousing - if you ask  me - But hey who am I?b Huh
Stations: 2083
I don't have a laser cutter, but I do have a 3d printer, so I'm making one that I'll be posting to thingiverse when complete.

[Image: MrNf9ge.png]
(2018-01-08, 01:13)higherperspective Wrote: Hi all.

Just got my System Blue built and ready for use, however, I currently don't have a housing for the unit.

I have a laser cutter and access to a 3D printer.

Are there any laser cut files (I will make out of acrylic) or 3D print files available for System Blue so I can make my own housing?

If so, could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
about the system blue housing. Does anyone has pdf files on the front and back panel from the aluminum box. In the hardware index you only find TARGET 3000 files, but my system (MAC) can not read those files. The files can be found here: http://de.blitzortung.org/Compendium/Hardware/.
Thanks in advance!
Stations: 2956
Hi all,
about the system blue housing. Does anyone has pdf files on the front and back panel from the aluminum box. In the hardware index you only find TARGET 3000 files, but my system (MAC) can not read those files. The files can be found here: http://de.blitzortung.org/Compendium/Hardware/.
Thanks in advance!
Stations: 2956
Hello.
I developed a housing model for 3D-print. Today upload it on the thingiverse. The link will be a little later.
[Image: Y4cwh_-66Bs.jpg]
[Image: qK_rqqWDWqQ.jpg]
[Image: jC1cBBGmGeY.jpg]
[Image: Y3VHOQSICw8.jpg]
[Image: RsNIBZU9CVk.jpg]
[Image: _jn-2whOgHQ.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stations: 2388
looks great, thanks for sharing  Shy
Stations: 1476
Housing was upload to ThingIVerse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364124
Stations: 2388
(2019-01-22, 08:37)AntonBurtsev Wrote: Housing was upload to ThingIVerse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364124

Anton,

Wondering if you can share the build files. I've got an earlier model board, seems the back is different.

Craig.
Stations: 1679
Photo 
Hi,

The housing suitable for the BLUE system is a model ALUG706BU160 GAINTA to be purchased from TME for a price of €19.01.

https://www.tme.eu/de/en/details/alug706bu160/enclosures-with-panel/gainta/

PCB is assembled without any modifications.
Of course, the holes must be cut.

I can provide CAD drawings for making holes from the front panel for sockets for interested parties and photos of the finished set.

Peter

[Image: 20211027_180453.jpg]

[Image: Capture1.PNG]
Stations: 2629