How does one become a receiver station builder?
Hello,
I have been a lurker, just a blitzortung site watcher from time to time,  not very active but now wish to learn how to build a  Lightning detector receiver, and possibly place it at a needed remote region for use.
How do I start?  Where can I purchase necessary board, parts, kits, of the latest version of the receiver?
If the group had a most needed region world wide to place a new receiver, where would it be?     

Also, has anyone studied  detector efficiency in terms of hits when it is at an Antipode location?  Is there an increase in signal or propagation enhancement when you are at an antipode from the lightning strike?

Is there any way to quickly find and bring up a webcam at a location of an active lightning storm? 

If you are a ham radio operator,  say in the USA , California west coast,  and you see a severe storm in Florida and pointed your quads, or yagis to Florida, would you notice in receiver audio a higher noise level  or  lightning noise bursts when properly aimed at a high activity region, on the Blitzortung map?
Could you correlate seeing, specific strikes, factoring in the  multi second, delay factor, with what you hear?
(2020-04-30, 11:27)Moonbouncer Wrote: Hello,
I have been a lurker, just a blitzortung site watcher from time to time,  not very active but now wish to learn how to build a  Lightning detector receiver, and possibly place it at a needed remote region for use.
How do I start?  Where can I purchase necessary board, parts, kits, of the latest version of the receiver?
If the group had a most needed region world wide to place a new receiver, where would it be?     

Also, has anyone studied  detector efficiency in terms of hits when it is at an Antipode location?  Is there an increase in signal or propagation enhancement when you are at an antipode from the lightning strike?

Is there any way to quickly find and bring up a webcam at a location of an active lightning storm? 

If you are a ham radio operator,  say in the USA , California west coast,  and you see a severe storm in Florida and pointed your quads, or yagis to Florida, would you notice in receiver audio a higher noise level  or  lightning noise bursts when properly aimed at a high activity region, on the Blitzortung map?
Could you correlate seeing, specific strikes, factoring in the  multi second, delay factor, with what you hear?

Hi Mate
It all starts here:
http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php

Halfway down the page you will see where you can register your interest.
Cheers
Chris
Station: 2677
The Vines Weather
Stations: 2677

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a receiver Yoggie 2 18,903 2017-05-24, 21:49
Last Post: allsorts
  Looking for a receiver va3mw 4 26,103 2014-07-16, 15:46
Last Post: va3mw