Need some direction
(2015-11-11, 15:35)wdunn001 Wrote: I want to build a lightning detector here in North Carolina but I need a bit of help on what direction I should start in and I have a few question.

1. Blue system. what is this exactly will this require specific hardware should I wait for its release or could I even contribute to its pace (Computer Engineer and Programmer) 

2. If I can build one now how do I go about getting access? I submitted my email on the page speaking about system red but I haven't received any response.

3. Is there a good guide for building the most recent version of one of these?

4. I work with a non-profit telecom (rural telecoms often are) I would like to track lightning strikes in their county can I let them use this or is that not allowed under commercial use?

Hi,

System Blue is currently under development. Its release status is unknown.  The current Red system does not require a computer connection, only a network/internet connection. It has its own built-in web server and can be accessed with a browser.

Once System Blue has been tested to the developers' satisfaction, they will commence a production run of the boards/components, etc. The price on a Red system was around $200 +/- based on the currency conversion rate. I know System Red is out of production, and I don't think there any left. That is a question for Egon or Tobi to answer.

I do not know what "versions" that System Blue will come in. System Red was a kit of around 200+ parts that you soldered onto the PC boards.  

The most recent guide for System Red can be found under the "Cover Your Area" tab up above. It is a .pdf download with the description of how the TOA/TOGA systems works and the assembly of System Red.

Blitzortung TOA/TOGA data can not be used for commercial purposes.

Hope this helps,

John Sacrey
Station: 1387
Stations: 1387

Messages In This Thread
Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-11, 15:35
RE: Need some direction - by John.Sacrey - 2015-11-11, 16:10
RE: Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-11, 19:38
RE: Need some direction - by W3DRM - 2015-11-11, 21:16
RE: Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-12, 14:15
RE: Need some direction - by W3DRM - 2015-11-12, 15:08
RE: Need some direction - by rohit176 - 2015-11-24, 19:00