Need some direction
(2015-11-11, 19:38)wdunn001 Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 16:10)John.Sacrey Wrote: System Blue is currently under development. Its release status is unknown.  The current Red system does not require a computer connection, only a network/internet connection. It has its own built-in web server and can be accessed with a browser.

Once System Blue has been tested to the developers' satisfaction, they will commence a production run of the boards/components, etc. The price on a Red system was around $200 +/- based on the currency conversion rate. I know System Red is out of production, and I don't think there any left. That is a question for Egon or Tobi to answer.

I do not know what "versions" that System Blue will come in. System Red was a kit of around 200+ parts that you soldered onto the PC boards.  

The most recent guide for System Red can be found under the "Cover Your Area" tab up above. It is a .pdf download with the description of how the TOA/TOGA systems works and the assembly of System Red.

Blitzortung TOA/TOGA data can not be used for commercial purposes.

Hope this helps,

John Sacrey

OK so I got blue system will have its own hardware its not just a software/firmware change. 

I should wait for its release.

the PDF has all the parts I would need but I would have to build the CAD/GERBER files for the PCB myself since they aren't shared

I cannot sell the data.

this sound about right?

The new BLUE system will be the result of a complete redesign that has been based on what has been learned from both the original GREEN system and then the follow-on RED system. We won't know what the changes and enhancements will be until it is released nor will be know exactly what kind of antenna system(s) will be needed. All of that is currently being decided as the developers go through their design and build reviews. It's like waiting for Christmas except that none of us know what the new toy will be. All of us will just have to wait and see.  Big Grin

And yes, you are pretty much correct in your statement.

Quote:OK so I got blue system will have its own hardware its not just a software/firmware change.
  • The BLUE system is a complete redesign of both hardware and software/firmware
Quote:I should wait for its release.
  • You have no choice since there are no other options available
Quote:the PDF has all the parts I would need but I would have to build the CAD/GERBER files for the PCB myself since they aren't shared
  • Irrelevant since the PCB files are not available to anyone. Consider them to be proprietary/confidential property.
Quote:I cannot sell the data.
  • This entire project is non-commercial and no commercial usage of the data or equipment is allowed - PERIOD.
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808

Messages In This Thread
Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-11, 15:35
RE: Need some direction - by John.Sacrey - 2015-11-11, 16:10
RE: Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-11, 19:38
RE: Need some direction - by W3DRM - 2015-11-11, 21:16
RE: Need some direction - by wdunn001 - 2015-11-12, 14:15
RE: Need some direction - by W3DRM - 2015-11-12, 15:08
RE: Need some direction - by rohit176 - 2015-11-24, 19:00