Decrease data usage with Blue hardware
The majority of the data transmitted is 'junk' .  High gains, many useless Skywaves and Noise signals, local disturbers (which I am plagued with).  Undecided
 The goal is to eliminate as much junk as possible.  Ideally, perhaps, the network would work with stations covering radius of <1000km radius, and not attempting to detect signals in other hemispheres.  This requires station density and optimizations.  Many stations send too much noise, including mine.  As more stations come on line, those such as I will be reducing our antennas and gain settings.  Some of those stations are quite clean, in a good environment, and do very well with longer range. Many do not.
There will be a push for smaller antennas and less 'distance' capability, quality of data, etc. Since that is NOT the way the system is envisioned.  These are not 'stand alone' systems, but must participate as a 'cell' in a network to be effective.
A local station should normally go interference, and quit transmitting with 'nearby' storms... the rest of the network picks up the data, for example.
The TOA / TOGA system considers the whole pulse train, the frequencies and 'respective energy'  contained in the impulse, and not just the discharge pulse timing at trigger, or triggering by 1st or 2nd skywave signal... therefore 'recreating' or 'interpolating'  those zero crossing iterations from a 'sampling' would likely result in 'distortion' of the quality control and stroke information. The system wants as much of the complete stroke, with real data, as clean as possible.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decrease data usage with Blue hardware - by cutty - 2016-01-16, 12:51