Archive data / Export to Google Earth
Hi!
In the last years we used the archive to export lightning data into Google Earth.
That doesn't work anymore. There is no button in the archive.
Is this function "under construction"?

Which possibilities do I have to export lightning data form a specific day in the past easily?

Thank you for your answers.
The archive will soon be in the old state again, unfortunately it had to be adapted after the last change of file formats, but everybody has access to the raw data, you can extract all these informations with simple scripts.
Stations: 2656
Hi!
The archive seems to be working again?
The problem is, that i still can`t export the data as KMZ to Google Earth.
Is this still a general problem or just a problem on my own system (tried via Firefox and IE).

Thanks
Stations: 62
(2015-06-08, 08:18)Hoffmann Wrote: Hi!
Is this still a general problem or just a problem on my own system (tried via Firefox and IE).

Thanks

Yes, the gmaps and kmz is still not working, try again in a few days.
Stations: 2656
Hi !

Export via KMZ to Google Earth is still not possible. Meanwhile, the function is gone in the dropdown menu.

Is it planned in the near future, that this function will come back again?

It was very useful for use in the past Sad  and nobody in our company really knows how to handle the csv / raw data etc.

Thank you
(2015-07-01, 09:11)Hoffmann Wrote: Hi !

Export via KMZ to Google Earth is still not possible. Meanwhile, the function is gone in the dropdown menu.

Is it planned in the near future, that this function will come back again?

It was very useful for use in the past Sad  and nobody in our company really knows how to handle the csv / raw data etc.

Thank you

I am sure you are aware, that the data cannot be used for commercial purposes.  
I am sure I never said, that i will use the data for commercial purposes.

So, your post is not the answer to my question Sad
Stations: 62
(2015-06-08, 21:49)Egon Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 08:18)Hoffmann Wrote: Hi!

Thanks

Yes, the gmaps and kmz is still not working, try again in a few days.

(2015-07-07, 07:59)Hoffmann Wrote: I am sure I never said, that i will use the data for commercial purposes.

So, your post is not the answer to my question Sad

... but Egon responded with an answer just above....
Big Grin ... of course you didn't mention 'commercial use'... a lot of data requesters won't mention it... however, from time to time, many of us will respond with a gentle reminder of such things as 'data restrictions', with no intent to insult, especially when  a phrase such as "nobody in our company" might raise a red flag.  I almost responded with such a reminder... Shy  but Sunset came in first.

Thanks for hanging in there with your Green! All of us 'newer' operators owe you "pioneers" big time, and none of us would knowingly patronize or 'flame' you!

Cheers!
Mike

And speaking of the 'data' and Google Earth. etc...  Google announced that it'll be killing off that API at the end of this year—December 12 of 2015,
http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/...earth.html
 made the "Pro" version a freebie, has dropped or dead-lined many other APIs such as email service for smaller IP companies, (which meant I had to flush a 20 year old email address, and will likely never update all my site accounts) - appears to be flooding and stacking it's search engine with "Google interest- hosted - connected websites - limited or restricted, even stopped new API connections for certain things... etc. 

Also, Egon, Tobi, have been doing a lot of server / platform work on both websites, and on the data processing servers, in preparation for BLUE, and for better presentation of current data collection... gotta be a bunch of glitches from time to time, and website to website...
... and when you throw in 'operator data access'... more glitches... 

... kind of began rambling a bit, didn't I?
.. Wink excuse me...

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archive data are not accessible krasin 7 22,137 2023-06-26, 14:12
Last Post: kaklik
  Archive restore Vladimir 3 2,598 2023-06-26, 14:03
Last Post: kaklik
  LMO URL drops "Archive by day"? stixpjr 0 3,778 2021-02-25, 01:20
Last Post: stixpjr
  earth ellipsoid - smallest number of stations RiePa 4 23,682 2016-03-31, 17:47
Last Post: RiePa
  Zooming in Archive on lightningmaps.org/ grelot 3 19,048 2015-08-10, 00:31
Last Post: grelot