New station....not showing up on maps
My station is new. It WAS showing up on the maps as being used for locations. Now, it is not.

Do I have to do anything or is it a server function (SNR, threshold, etc)?
(2014-09-28, 20:25)Geewizard Wrote: My station is new. It WAS showing up on the maps as being used for locations. Now, it is not.

Do I have to do anything or is it a server function (SNR, threshold, etc)?

Not sure if I can help you but, have you registered with Blitzortung for a participant account? It appears you are registered for the forum but not the Participants section of it. Send a short email request to blitzortung [at] gmx [dot] org requesting a new user account. This is outlined in Section 5 of the Blitzortung manual under Operating Instructions.

What puzzles me is that if you have already downloaded and installed the firmware and have been sending data to the servers then you must also have an account. In the email reply you should have gotten, your User ID and Station ID would have been included.
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808
I have registered and have a User ID and Station ID.

When I go to http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung...ion_id=110

I see this:

Statistics of station Spokane Valley

Here you can find statistics of the TOA lightning detection station Spokane Valley.

Firmware: 7.4
Controller: 10.4
Amplifier: 12.3
Antenna 1+2: Ferrite rod, length=20mm

General statistics of the last hour

Station active: no
Last active: 377.5 minutes ago
Last update: 2.6 minutes ago
Last detected stroke: 2014-09-28 14:37:32 UTC
Last signal: 2014-09-28 14:47:19 UTC

So, the question is....how do I make my station active?
Have you tried logging into the controller via the web interface (192.168.1.???) and looking at the status and settings info? That should tell you if your equipment is turned-off by some setting.

Looking at your lightningmaps.org info, it appears it was working fine until around 15:45 UTC (08:45am PDT) today. Did you have a power failure around that time or do something that could have impacted your RED system and/or your router connections?

I see your station id is 1187 in Spokane, WA.

BTW, this conversation should really be done via the Internal forum and not the Public forum.
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Thanks Don. I'll switch over to the internal forum.

Ok, now my station is showing up as participating in locations. The only parameter I changed was enabling the DHCP option.

And......where IS the internal forum?
(2014-09-28, 22:27)Geewizard Wrote: Thanks Don. I'll switch over to the internal forum.

Ok, now my station is showing up as participating in locations. The only parameter I changed was enabling the DHCP option.

Looks like you found it! Big Grin

I believe DHCP does need to be checked in the settings. Also, don't forget to save your changes so should the controller reboot you won't lose your settings. Your signals look pretty good although I do see a pretty big and persistent spike around 68-70Khz. Are you near a computer or other electronic devices?
(2014-09-28, 23:33)W3DRM Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 22:27)Geewizard Wrote: Thanks Don. I'll switch over to the internal forum.

I believe DHCP does need to be checked in the settings. Also, don't forget to save your changes so should the controller reboot you won't lose your settings. Your signals look pretty good although I do see a pretty big and persistent spike around 68-70Khz. Are you near a computer or other electronic devices?

I am near my PC so that makes sense. How do you see that spectral plot?
Stations: 1187
(2014-09-29, 00:18)Geewizard Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 23:33)W3DRM Wrote:

I am near my PC so that makes sense. How do you see that spectral plot?

You will have to be logged-in to view the strike info. Use your BO login. If you click on the lat/lon you will get more detail about that particular strike along with a map showing all of the stations that detected it also. As you will see, there is a lot of info available to participants only.

If you have more questions or comments, create a new thread in the Internal forum so we don't clutter-up the Public side of the forum - thanks. You'll find a "Station Hardware & Firmware" forum plus a sub-forum for "Troubleshooting". Place your posts there for this kind of discussion.
iv got a problem with this my user id is 1185

and station is 970

but its not showing up on the station list.
how can i fix this please thanks.

its saying my station is in Trossingen germany hows that when i'm in walsall,west midlands,united kingdom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Station not showing in list or uploading to server SaichMar 0 3,389 2021-07-18, 08:32
Last Post: SaichMar