Unknown GPS
Hi,
I assembled the station, System Blue, firmware 8.2_Blue, but GPS reports: Availability: 100% Type: Unknown, 115200 baud rate. Did not get valid data from GPS for ... (Debug log: Buffer overrun - Didn't receive GGA/RMC sentence)
In addition I can't see Station Id and User ID. They are both "0".
What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Steela85
(2016-12-04, 15:05)Steela85 Wrote: Hi,
I assembled the station, System Blue, firmware 8.2_Blue, but GPS reports: Availability: 100% Type: Unknown, 115200 baud rate. Did not get valid data from GPS for ... (Debug log: Buffer overrun - Didn't receive GGA/RMC sentence)
What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Steela85
I assume you have an active Internet connection, and are connected.
First have you obtained a user ID and registered your station?
See Blue Build instructions, SECTION 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KzPZ...1480864339

Second, if yes, Try removing power, wait a few seconds,, reapply.... give the unit several minutes to figure out it's alive, and obtain GPS... it won't work correctly until it does

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2016-12-04, 15:18)Cutty Wrote:
What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Steela85
First have you obtained a user ID and registered your station? Is your Device ID on operator page at Blitzortung correct?

Second, if yes, Try removing power, wait a few seconds,, reapply.... give the unit several minutes to figure out it's alive, and obtain GPS... it won't work correctly until it does

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2016-12-04, 15:19)Cutty Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 15:18)Cutty Wrote:
What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Steela85
First have you obtained a user ID and registered your station? Is your Device ID on operator page at Blitzortung correct?

Hi Cutty,
thank you for your reply. 
No, I have not obtained a user ID and I have not registered the station. On the internal web server page I read "Could not add station. Server temporarily not available".
I can see:
Station id: 0
User id: 0
At this moment I am only registered on the forum.

Second: I tried to remove power, and station has been turned on since yesterday, but GPS doesn't work properly.
(2016-12-04, 15:55)Steela85 Wrote:   Hi Cutty,
thank you for your reply. 
No, I have not obtained a user ID and I have not registered the station. On the internal web server page I read "Could not add station. Server temporarily not available".
I can see:
Station id: 0
User id: 0
At this moment I am only registered on the forum.

Second: I tried to remove power, and station has been turned on since yesterday, but GPS doesn't work properly.

I have the exact same activation-problem with a new RED station.

I also get that error message and station id / user id 0. And there's no link on the controller webinterface for registering the station.

Egon manually created a user id for me, but if I try to add the station under "User data" the page just reloads and nothing else happens.

My GPS works just fine tho Smile
Looking at the debuglog I noticed the following request from the controller:

"control/?processor=1900220001473333XXXXXXXX"

Gets the following response from the server:

Connect Error (1129) Host 'forum.blitzortung.org' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
If you can get to the web browser go to the Tools tab and try sending commands to the GPS.

GPS Command:

Try Initialization first what a bit then try Query Firmware.

See if the version then loads in.
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539
(2016-12-04, 22:13)kevinmcc Wrote: If you can get to the web browser go to the Tools tab and try sending commands to the GPS.

GPS Command:

Try Initialization first what a bit then try Query Firmware.

See if the version then loads in.
It doesn't work.
The problem with the GPS was due to a dry solder joint at one CPU pin.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue GPS: Unknown sentence mhbeach 6 33,213 2016-06-22, 09:02
Last Post: Tobi