Housing system blue
I want to host antennas on rooftop of 12 stages house in centre of city. A main board will be placed in my apartment, so i can connect lan cable to the amplifier but i can't connect gps antenna for full time. Can i solve this gps problem? For example connect antenna for 15 minutes, receive gps signal and then disconnect antenna? 

How good is decision to host system blue in city centre on big building?
It is not necessary to place the antennas on the roof.
They can stay in your apartment. Then, you can install the GPS antenna near a window.
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
I can put device on my balcony but i'm concerned about signal quality.
Also what is operating temperature range? It can be from -15 at winter to +30 in the summer. Of course i'll hide it from direct sun.
The GPS is used as very accurate global synchronised clock so that signals sent to the servers have accurate Time of Arrival timestamps. No GPS = No Signals sent to the server.

You'll have to experiment to find a good place for the GPS antenna, within a few metres of the controller. How much sky it can see is important. If your appartment is on the 2nd floor and balcony faces across the street to another equallly high building it can't see much sky. Behind a window, with a more open view, would be a better location. It doesn't have to be out in the open mine is in a loft under a slate roof.

I'm slightly concerned about up to 12 floors of cable from the antennas to controller, through a building. OK the connection is balanced and the cable screened but it's still risking induced noise getting in. Could the controller be placed up near the antennas? Short H and E field cables, better sky view for GPS antenna. Ethernet is far less susceptable to interference. Power? Use proper Power over Ethernet. My controller is powered via PoE, a search should find more details.

Or is security a problem with the controller near the roof?
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627