Radar Interference
Hi
I quite often compare my performance with others fairly close to me on Signal vs Strikes.
I was looking at the statistics for Bridport Dorset UK which is a station not too far from me and noticed how many thousands of signals were produced.
Looking at the signal graph it shows regular E signals and I wondered if a nearby radar installation, maybe at Royal Navy Air Station at Yeovilton, was the cause.
Has anybody else noticed anything similar.
Regards
Alan
Stations: 2004
What kind of radar could bother us below 60 kHz? Perhaps it's something else.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2018-03-08, 16:47)mwaters Wrote: What kind of radar could bother us below 60 kHz? Perhaps it's something else.

1509s Interferer appears to be about 5 KHZ predominantly E Channel ... something nearby. should be easily defined. Meanwhile suggest he turn down E field Gains.
[Image: index.php?bo_graph&bo_station_id=14597&b...1520534361]
[Image: index.php?bo_graph&bo_station_id=14597&b...1520534431]

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
My system red station act with very similar signals while transmitting on 160m or 80m HAM radio band with 500Watt PEP power in SSB.
I am still searching to find the reason.
My transmitting antenna is 50m away from my blitzortung station.
With 100Watt PEP power I have no problems.

Maybe the shown signal is a VLF transmitted morse or digital signal.

Martin, DL1RF
Stations: 2963
Hi All, My first guess would be a Portable Power pack, You know the ones with rechargeable cells, that come in so many different formats these days!
Or its associated SMPU charger!
Some of them, most of them, have a really dirty low level interference, with no filtering as such, from DC to light!
These things are now everywhere, they are small, and they are portable, and can be left close to antennas or cables!
Be vigilant!
Kindest regards,

Brian. 1856.
Stations:
A nearby station ID: 1785 shows often very similar signals.
The station owner contacted me via E-Mail according these signals and I am trying to get in personal contact with him.
Maybe we can find one real cause of these signals.
I tend to unstable power supply due to short power line voltage drops or highs.
Stay tuned. I will update the progress here.
(2018-03-08, 18:41)Cutty Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 16:47)mwaters Wrote: What kind of radar could bother us below 60 kHz? Perhaps it's something else.

1509s Interferer appears to be about 5 KHZ predominantly E Channel ... something nearby. should be easily defined. Meanwhile suggest he turn down E field Gains.
[Image: index.php?bo_graph&bo_station_id=14597&b...1520534361]
[Image: index.php?bo_graph&bo_station_id=14597&b...1520534431]

(2018-03-24, 22:14)FridaVomBerg Wrote: My system red station act with very similar signals while transmitting on 160m or 80m HAM radio band with 500Watt PEP power in SSB.
I am still searching to find the reason.
My transmitting antenna is 50m away from my blitzortung station.
With 100Watt PEP power I have no problems.

Maybe the shown signal is a VLF transmitted morse or digital signal.

Martin, DL1RF

Additional investigations show that my Power over Ethernet injection device (nearby under my transmitting antenna) is getting unstable in the 48V regulation while I am transmitting. It seems that the PoE extracting device at the controller side can't stabilize the 5 Volt while 48Volt is unstable causing fluctuations at the Analog Digital Converter unit. I will try to verify this with dedicated measurements. I write this as if this is true other similar signals of stations can be investigated to unstable power supply reason.
Thanks for sharing this information, as I am looking into using POE to power my system as well as a couple other devices.