New dynamic map
Hello all,

I just saw that on the site a new dynamic map had appeared.

It is a flat map with the administrative division of the communes.

Why not add this to the previous one that contained the relief?

Best regards

Jean-Luc Rostini
(2018-08-31, 11:49)JROST Wrote: Hello all,

I just saw that on the site a new dynamic map had appeared.

Best regards

Jean-Luc Rostini
Jean-Luc
You did note the comments on the pages?
This animation is just temporary and will be changed soon. The change is due to new payment modalities from Google Maps. We will present a new animation soon.
AND
This is just a test page for our experiments. Note that not every web browser supports the necessary WebGL (Web Graphics Library) for rendering interactive 2D and 3D graphics. Please do NOT report any error messages to us.

It's a good suggestion... a lot of website and data processing modifications are in progress...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I do not like these new maps.
Previous were better because they were simpler.
(2018-08-31, 19:08)kriu Wrote: I do not like these new maps.
Previous were better because they were simpler.

Didn't Cutty just point out that it is just temporary?
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2018-08-31, 11:49)JROST Wrote: I just saw that on the site a new dynamic map had appeared.

The following text applies to <a href="https://www.lightningmaps.org">Lightningmaps.org</a> and Blitzortung.org:

We are not reliable for the underlying map content (satellite, streets, terrain etc). Until 28th of July we used Google Maps, as Google gave us some free credit for their maps. However, Google raised their prices and changed payment method. It is completely impossible for us to pay these prices. We also tried to find a solution and talked with Google. However, it just don't make sense to pay up to 50 times the money for their maps as we pay for our whole server infrastructure. And we are not the only ones who are affected: See http://geoawesomeness.com/developers-up-...rice-hike/

We now using other maps, i.e. OpenStreetmap or maps based on OpenStreetMap data. All the map sources are now "free" (not commercial), i.e. they can now be published under the terms noted at the bottom of the map. But the maps have different visualizations now and the data may not be so detailed as before. If you think that something on the map is missing, then you can edit the OpenStreetMap data by yourself here: https://www.openstreetmap.org . For more information please look here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_to_contribute Labels like city names are shown or not shown based on algorithms which are defined by the map creators. We can not change that!

However, other map layouts may be added in the future.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Just yesterday I noticed the new one here: http://nl.blitzortung.org/live_dynamic_maps3.php

Just wanted to say I like the darker colors of this map; there's a good contrast between land/water and the white/yellow/red strikes.
I don't mind the map background. I rather like the simple one. 

But what about the green "rays" animation and the station plots?

I really like, and miss, the controls that allowed the stations to be show, the animations connecting each station to a strike, and the ability to full screen it all. We had that displayed on big monitors in our lobby at times in fact.

Will this be added back when the fiddling is done?

Thank you.

Pedro
when station marks and green lines are made?
Stations: 1684, 2917
The new dynamic map with Google Maps background is finally out, but a few items are missing which were available in the older version:
1. No scale.  The older version had a scale bar to indicate distance of 20km, 50km, etc.
2. No memory of displayed area.  In the older version, after zooming in, the displayed area was kept after refreshing and closing and returning to the page; in the new version, a refresh returns to the initial display and requires zooming again.
3. No automatic update of the number of strikes in each sector
4. No display of time and total number of strikes
5. I don't know if the area dedicated to commercials is bigger, but in the new version it makes the map much narrower.
6. There's a "full screen" mode, but "full page" mode is gone.

Nevertheless, thanks much for sustaining this site!
(2018-10-21, 07:00)amos083 Wrote: The new dynamic map with Google Maps background is finally out, but a few items are missing which were available in the older version:

Where is this 'new' map?  Are you referring to one of the 'apps?'

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2018-10-21, 11:23)Cutty Wrote:
(2018-10-21, 07:00)amos083 Wrote: The new dynamic map with Google Maps background is finally out, but a few items are missing which were available in the older version:

Where is this 'new' map?  Are you referring to one of the 'apps?'

Hi Cutty,

I'm referring to the page at "Real Time Maps" => "Dynamic Size" (http://en.blitzortung.org/live_dynamic_maps3.php?map=14)

Amos.
Hi,

the Dynamic Map has been neglected since the omission of the Google Maps. I had too much to do with the new calculation programs. Those had priority, because the old computing servers are dying soon. But now I will next dedicate myself again to the dynamic map. All the old functions will be inserted again.

Regards,
Egon
Stations: 2656
(2018-10-24, 17:44)Эгон Wrote: Hi,

the Dynamic Map has been neglected since the omission of the Google Maps. I had too much to do with the new calculation programs. Those had priority, because the old computing servers are dying soon. But now I will next dedicate myself again to the dynamic map. All the old functions will be inserted again.

Regards,
Egon

Will there be an updated map in the summer of 2019?
Stations: 1684, 2917

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic IP jrm30655 0 7,618 2014-10-21, 15:27
Last Post: jrm30655