Information chat-bot
Hello,
I'm a computer science student, a software developer, and I run several open-source projects. In my free time, I also like to photograph storms and various meteorological phenomena. I came up with the idea of writing a simple bot that will send me a private message on Discord when there is a storm in my area, so that I can prepare my equipment for photography and set everything up for example: for a timelapse. I would like to use data from the Blitzortung/Lightningmaps service for this purpose, but I don't know if this is in compliance with the rules, and if so, I don't know actually from which server I could retrieve this data.

By the way, I have already once tried to contact by email the people in charge of the Blitzortung/Lightningmaps project in terms of asking if there would be a need for help in maintaining or creating some tools/software for these projects, because this project is a perfect combination of my two passions (software and storms) and I would love to contribute in some way to the development.

Best Regards,
Krzysztof
Hello did you receive a response from someone relevant author of Blitzortung/Lightningmaps?
(2023-07-10, 19:55)kaklik Wrote: Hello did you receive a response from someone relevant author of Blitzortung/Lightningmaps?

Unfortunately, no. I also did not receive a response to an email with a question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image with statistical information Egon 43 118,149 2023-08-10, 11:37
Last Post: Danalberto231
  Image with statistical information Egon 12 35,184 2021-09-08, 01:46
Last Post: KiwiTrader