Latest Schematics
Hi Everyone,

New member, here, putting together a station on the West Coast of Scotland. As a relief from winding ferrite rods with Litz wire, I tried to look up a few signal paths on the schematics.
Although the documentation says it was updated less than 5 minutes ago, the link to the schematic diagrams only goes as far as pcb 19.4, and my board says it is version 19.5
Is there any difference? Have I missed an obvious link?
Also, is there a drawing of the front and back panels in any other format than T3000? Or, is there a file-converter that will transform them into something I can print?

Best Wishes
David
Should be just minor changes. I believe 19.4 would have the old GlobalTop GPS module and 19.5 would have the newer ublox GPS module.
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539
(2019-05-05, 14:46)Tinny Wrote: Hi Everyone,

New member, here, putting together a station on the West Coast of Scotland. As a relief from winding ferrite rods with Litz wire, I tried to look up a few signal paths on the schematics.
Although the documentation says it was updated less than 5 minutes ago, the link to the schematic diagrams only goes as far as pcb 19.4, and my board says it is version 19.5
Also, is there a drawing of the front and back panels in any other format than T3000? Or, is there a file-converter that will transform them into something I can print?

Best Wishes
David

Hi. For this board (19.5) there are files for box 3D printing. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364124

Regards,

Volodymyr
Lightning Volodymyr Lightning
Berezhany, UA
Station: 2224
Ukrainian translation for MyBlitzortung updated
(2019-05-06, 04:05)kevinmcc Wrote: Should be just minor changes. I believe 19.4 would have the old GlobalTop GPS module and 19.5 would have the newer ublox GPS module.

Thanks for the reassurances. I'll go back to the coil-winding, then.
(2019-05-06, 04:31)lyova Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 14:46)Tinny Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Best Wishes
David

Hi. For this board (19.5) there are files for box 3D printing. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364124

Regards,

Volodymyr

Ukraine, Berezhany
Thanks for the link, Volodymyr. That looks really good. I _must_ get myself a 3D printer, soon.
Best Wishes
D
Only nuance is that in the original the case is metallic and has a ground plane  it has ground ground so that I have the antenna of ferrite rob in inside in  room(indoor) and the Electric field in the inside in attic I decided to use the case of plastic.
In ideal it is a casing of metal and ground connections.
Lightning
Installing the Electric field on a hill(outdoor) can have bad consequences, without grounding of metal parts, is a direct hit by lightning and so the plastic does not discharge electricity can damage the entire electronics in the house.
Lightning

Always be that Safety First!
Lightning Volodymyr Lightning
Berezhany, UA
Ukrainian translation for MyBlitzortung updated
Litz wire? Although that may have some advantage over solid magnet wire, I have never heard of anyone using that for BT lightning receiver antennas.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2019-05-06, 20:23)mwaters Wrote: Litz wire? Although that may have some advantage over solid magnet wire, I have never heard of anyone using that for BT lightning receiver antennas.

Litz reduces the proximity effect in wound coils. [My antennas also have spaced turns]. I'm sure the Litz is overkill, but I had a roll of 100/46  wire handy, and it is really good for winding on ferrite rods - far more flexible than single strand magnet wire. Of course, tinning the ends is an exercise on its own, but I hope to get a test set-up running today and we shall see whether the system works well enough to contribute something to the project.
D
(2019-05-07, 09:56)Tinny Wrote: Litz reduces the proximity effect in wound coils. [My antennas also have spaced turns]. I'm sure the Litz is overkill, but I had a roll of 100/46  wire handy, and it is really good for winding on ferrite rods - far more flexible than single strand magnet wire. Of course, tinning the ends is an exercise on its own, but I hope to get a test set-up running today and we shall see whether the system works well enough to contribute something to the project.
D

To remove the insulation from Litz wire, carefully heat the ends to a dull red heat with an alcohol burner and immediately quench  it in alcohol while it is still hot.

Having said that, the receivers may have been designed for close-spaced magnet wire. The Litz may improve or degrade the performance. But I don't know.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294