System blue antena setup site.
Smile 
I have a question.

I made three loop antennas for my blitz blue system.

these are three squares with a diameter of 1m 8 turns

how to fill in the data on the blitz station setup page in the input 0, input 1 and input 2 fields. Should I enter 1000,8 or the diameter will be different? Someone told me that with loop aerials it's about a circle and I have to give the diameter of a circle with the same area of my square area
Station: 2246
Stations: 2246
For a round loop, 1000,8 would be the proper entry. But for a square loop, 707,8 would be right.

However, 8 turns is twice the number of turns needed for a 1 meter diameter wire or coax loop on System Blue.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
So my antenna is wrong? Please, see the picture with description - https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2006/XDFfgv.jpg
Now, if I have such an antenna as in photography, I should improve the description at 707.8

Can I leave 8 loops and reduce the sensitivity in the station settings. Or maybe it's better to reduce the loops to 4 turns. How does this affect the operation of the station? If I reduce the number of loops to 4, then I change the description of the antenna to 707.4?

Here is the link to my station https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortun...91&lang=en
please check the operation of my station

Thank you for all your help, greetings from Poland
Station: 2246
Stations: 2246
(2019-05-08, 20:16)bartasmosina Wrote: So my antenna is wrong? Please, see the picture with description - https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2006/XDFfgv.jpg
Now, if I have such an antenna as in photography, I should improve the description at 707.8

Can I leave 8 loops and reduce the sensitivity in the station settings. Or maybe it's better to reduce the loops to 4 turns. How does this affect the operation of the station? If I reduce the number of loops to 4, then I change the description of the antenna to 707.4?

Here is the link to my station https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortun...91&lang=en

Your yellow loop is horizontal. Even though that is still shown in the official documentation,  Angry  the algorithm for it was never developed and so you should instead place it vertically so that all your loops are all vertical and120° apart (as my station 1977 is).

Until you can do that, you should disable that yellow horizontal loop! It receives signals in a 360° circle.
Regards,
Mike W.
(2019-05-09, 00:00)mwaters Wrote:
(2019-05-08, 20:16)bartasmosina Wrote: So my antenna is wrong? Please, see the picture with description - https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2006/XDFfgv.jpg

Your yellow loop is horizontal. Even though that is still shown in the official documentation,  Angry  the algorithm for it was never developed and so you should instead place it vertically so that all your loops are all vertical and120° apart (as my station 1977 is).

Until you can do that, you should disable that yellow horizontal loop! It receives signals in a 360° circle.

Axrually, the "horizontal" loop on the ceiling will function quite well for Horizontally polarized impulses.. 
it's settings would be similar to the loops on HA and HB... unless you have a lot of horizontally polarized H noise, and it may NOT detect as many strokes as ethe others..depending of type of impulse etc... Yes, the system WILL process them, if enough stations detect them on C.. it won't display them as a special type, however... just a stroke.
You need to connect the horizontally polarized loop, whetehr Ferrite, wire, whatever, to H channel C input...

I've been running C as Horizontally polarized for some time now.

ou can then add Vertically Polarized (normal) to H A, and H B...lIf theyre Ferrites, the sticks lie horizontal, if wire, loops, mount vertical.

for horizontally polarized impulses, ferrite mounts Vertical, and wire mounts horizontal, always on channel H C

Make sure your station is configured correctly on your Operator's page'... Have you registered your station?  If so, what's the number and location???

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2019-05-09, 02:04)cutty Wrote:
Axrually, the "horizontal" loop on the ceiling will function quite well for Horizontally polarized impulses.. 
it's settings would be similar to the loops on HA and HB... unless you have a lot of horizontally polarized H noise, and it may NOT detect as many strokes as ethe others..depending of type of impulse etc... Yes, the system WILL process them, if enough stations detect them on C.. it won't display them as a special type, however... just a stroke.
You need to connect the horizontally polarized loop, whetehr Ferrite, wire, whatever, to H channel C input...

ou can then add Vertically Polarized (normal) to H A, and H B...lIf theyre Ferrites, the sticks lie horizontal, if wire, loops, mount vertical.

for horizontally polarized impulses, ferrite mounts Vertical, and wire mounts horizontal, always on channel H C

Make sure your station is configured correctly on your Operator's page'... Have you registered your station?  If so, what's the number and location???

Mike

Thank you. This is the very first time that I  have ever heard this. Is this documented anywhere else besides this post?
Regards,
Mike W.
(2019-05-09, 02:41)mwaters Wrote:

Mike

Thank you. This is the very first time that I  have ever heard this. Is this documented anywhere else besides this post?

Heck, I dunno.. go see what it says,.. I haven't looked at documentation in months years,... it's various places in the forums, however... "C can be used for Horizontal Poliarized impulses... far as I know, eveer since Blue ifirst considered...released... You can put a 'horiz pol' ant on any of the iinputs, and it will work, but the server will want it on C. Promarily for standardization.. If gonna use a H Pol, everybody needs to use C,. Period. ALWAYS if using 2 vertical pol antennas, use A and B.. You can put a V pol on C and run triad, or use a H pol, with A B for H pol.  The server just is NOT typing the sigs currently, unless it's experimental.  but will certainly use them for detecting and locating, if it gets enough... doesn't get enoug?  No stroke, no location.  Remember a Horizontal Pol impuls won't have the same characteristics of a Vertical pol, timing will be different, obviously, but there's also a freq poweer distribution  difference. The h pol antennas also is OMNI directional, rather than E/W or N/S for a V pol loop... pretty sure that ISN't in documentation... hence only need one...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2019-05-09, 03:01)cutty Wrote:
(2019-05-09, 02:41)mwaters Wrote:

I've been running C as Horizontally polarized for some time no

Mike

Heck, I dunno.. go see what it says,.. I haven't looked at documentation in months years,... it's various places in the forums, however... "C can be used for Horizontal Poliarized impulses... far as I know, eveer since Blue ifirst considered...released... You can put a 'horiz pol' ant on any of the iinputs, and it will work, but the server will want it on C. Promarily for standardization.. If gonna use a H Pol, everybody needs to use C,. Period.  ALWAYS if using 2 vertical pol antennas, use A and B.. You can put a V pol on C and run triad, or use a H pol, with A B for H pol.  The server just is NOT typing the sigs currently, unless it's experimental.  but will certainly use them for detecting and locating, if it gets enough... doesn't get enoug?  No stroke, no location.  Remember a Horizontal Pol impuls won't have the same characteristics of a Vertical pol, timing will be different, obviously, but there's also a freq poweer distribution  difference. The h pol antennas also is OMNI directional, rather than E/W or N/S for a V pol loop... pretty sure that ISN't in documentation... hence only need one...

Here is what I found this morning:

https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...&highlight="Horizontal+loop"#pid11968

https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...l#pid12451

I had other links about this saved, but I inadvertently deleted them by following some bad advice. One said something to the effect that at some future point, the third loop would register overhead (or nearly so) strokes.

Still, what you wrote is informative. Thanks.
Regards,
Mike W.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antenna setup. josecmorales 1 5,676 2021-07-19, 16:23
Last Post: cutty
  My E-field antenna setup TomVal 3 11,772 2020-11-05, 15:48
Last Post: cutty
  Account Setup Mike 27 94,492 2018-12-07, 21:21
Last Post: Mike
  H-Field Ferrite Rod Antena Parameters dieron 2 14,986 2017-02-28, 19:10