Green system
Hi,

I read several times on this forum that the GREEN system will stopped soon. Is this true ? Is there an ending date ?

I ask this question because I have the opportunity to buy several used green stations.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Alexandre.
Stations: 507
(2019-10-04, 15:27)meteovergne Wrote: Hi,

I read several times on this forum that the GREEN system will stopped soon. Is this true ? Is there an ending date ?

I ask this question because I have the opportunity to buy several used green stations.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Alexandre.

Alexandre,
My last information is that the server still accepts Green Data, and there is no firm decision to 'drop"such data.  However Green is obsolete, and no longer supported.  The Green data is liimited for any future use, especially with other lightning parameters outside of detection and limited accurate locating.  It is somewhat like comparing a 15cm black and white air signal television with a 150cm Digital HD TV.  Green systems work extremely well within their design and technology limitations. They are what they are, however.

Cheers!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439
Hi,

that's right, what Mike said. We keep the green stations running, but we do not want to support these stations any further. The hardware and the tracker software are completely outdated. Only fragments of the signals are transmitted. You need a permanent running PC, etc.

/Egon
Stations: 753, 762, 1403

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System green still usable RobertKi 4 8,193 2017-06-25, 04:45
Last Post: MooreGeo
  Green System Lightning Strike Counts Low Kalamara 6 12,208 2016-10-12, 06:35
Last Post: piepants
Lightbulb Fixed: Problem with System Green & Windows Tracker MuellerJ 1 4,275 2016-09-22, 19:03
Last Post: MuellerJ
  Green System PCB 6 Ver 8.0. No Green Light Kalamara 12 24,288 2015-09-18, 22:40
Last Post: PetrosKa