Archive data are not accessible
Lightning and Thunderstorms maps (data) are not available for years 2017 and before.
There are many ways to access the data. Which way did you go?

/Egon
Stations: 2656
Photo 
(2019-10-24, 15:06)Egon Wrote: There are many ways to access the data. Which way did you go?

/Egon

I open http://en.blitzortung.org/historical_maps.php?map=12 and then I set the date. If the year is 2017 I get empty image, see the attached picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear

From the link http://es.blitzortung.org/archive_data.php the raw data that can be downloaded are only those of the last year, although if you select the graphic representation in the form of a map you can see the previous ones.

Is a restriction of this download service?

Miguel A.
Stations: 1490
Hi

I have verified by several access services to the historical data that from October 15, 2018 until the beginning of 2019, no data or maps can be downloaded. Nor are the data accessible by zone services with the data of every 10 seconds.

Can anyone report if these data have been lost (Oct 15, 2018 - January 1, 2019)?
Stations: 1490
Hello,

The data has not been lost. They weren't deleted either. There is not enough space on the server to store all the data, so they were copied to another server.

/Egon
Stations: 2656
(2020-02-08, 21:45)Egon Wrote: The data has not been lost. They weren't deleted either. There is not enough space on the server to store all the data, so they were copied to another server.

Perhaps those that are interested in that data would be willing to contribute money towards larger storage capabilities. Smile If that's the case, I suggest a new thread about that.

(I am not interested in that data.)
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Question 
I'm also interested in accessing historical data for research purposes. Specifically, we're looking into storm activity and would greatly benefit from having access to data from the following dates in 2022: June 24, August 26, and September 9.

Is there any way to obtain this data, or has there been a policy change regarding access to historical records? I noticed that the archive at http://data.blitzortung.org/Data/Protected/ currently only contains empty folders, even for dates from this year.

In light of the recent fire in the data center, I'd also like to offer our own server capacity for archiving and backing up this important data. We'd be more than willing to help ensure that historical records are safeguarded against future incidents. Any guidance on how we might be able to assist would be greatly appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archive restore Vladimir 3 2,598 2023-06-26, 14:03
Last Post: kaklik
  LMO URL drops "Archive by day"? stixpjr 0 3,777 2021-02-25, 01:20
Last Post: stixpjr
  Zooming in Archive on lightningmaps.org/ grelot 3 19,047 2015-08-10, 00:31
Last Post: grelot
  Archive data / Export to Google Earth Hoffmann 7 41,252 2015-07-07, 10:31
Last Post: cutty
  Archive spineytoo 1 12,201 2014-08-03, 01:51
Last Post: Dr Obbins