Any plug and play systems available?
I had an operational system years ago, but since I moved in 2015 I failed to get it working again. It was also needed to have it hooked up to a pc 24/7. But I want to contribute again with a system that is stand-alone (blue system can do this I think?). But I'm a literal 0 at electronics, so I'm wondering if there is any plug and play systems available or someone who assemble these things for a price? 

Thanks! Smile

Best regards from Belgium.
Stations: 164
(2022-12-06, 14:39)DeBruynB Wrote: I had an operational system years ago, but since I moved in 2015 I failed to get it working again. It was also needed to have it hooked up to a pc 24/7. But I want to contribute again with a system that is stand-alone (blue system can do this I think?). But I'm a literal 0 at electronics, so I'm wondering if there is any plug and play systems available or someone who assemble these things for a price? 

Thanks! Smile

The BLUE system is about as close to "plug'n'play" as you can get for this network.  Production is delayed due to semiconductor  shortages, etc. Having said that, there are some connectors that must be soldered onto the board, unless kit changes... otherwise the boards are factory constructed.  You still must fabricate, or purchase, H field antennas, an E file probe (very simple) needed cabling, power supply, and have a good quiet location for the H fields, inside or outside, and EM isolated outside location for the E field assembly. This system will never be fully 'plug'n'play', but it will operate with only an a good active internet connection, proper optimization, and access to the controller on your LAN. Location is everything.

Now, older GREEN system operators did have a priority at obtaining replacement systems.  Not sure if that's still true, but you might email EGON directly.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
thank you, I’ll try this! 

(2022-12-06, 14:39)DeBruynB Wrote: I had an operational system years ago, but since I moved in 2015 I failed to get it working again. It was also needed to have it hooked up to a pc 24/7. But I want to contribute again with a system that is stand-alone (blue system can do this I think?). But I'm a literal 0 at electronics, so I'm wondering if there is any plug and play systems available or someone who assemble these things for a price? 

Thanks! Smile

The BLUE system is about as close to "plug'n'play" as you can get for this network.  Production is delayed due to semiconductor  shortages, etc. Having said that, there are some connectors that must be soldered onto the board, unless kit changes... otherwise the boards are factory constructed.  You still must fabricate, or purchase, H field antennas, an E file probe (very simple) needed cabling, power supply, and have a good quiet location for the H fields, inside or outside, and EM isolated outside location for the E field assembly. This system will never be fully 'plug'n'play', but it will operate with only an a good active internet connection, proper optimization, and access to the controller on your LAN. Location is everything.

Now, older GREEN system operators did have a priority at obtaining replacement systems.  Not sure if that's still true, but you might email EGON directly.
Stations: 164
I am a firefighter and live at 4300 feet in the Boise National forest in Idaho, USA. I am also a Ham Radio operator first licensed in 1963. Our department wants to join your organization in the hopes that we can get near-instant information on local lightning strikes. I read in posts below that BLUE systems are about as plug and play as it gets. Can you give me an idea of what a complete system costs, including antennas, power supplies, etc., and when a kit might become available? I thought I read elsewhere in this site that kits were available now.