New system - not certain if it work
I purchased a system #3024 from a gentleman in Germany.

It arrived, I have plugged it in and it seems to be working, however I have noticed that on the lightningmaps.org my system never gets a hit - i.e. I can see my station but I never have any lines nor a "green dot" saying my station has been used by the system to updated the web interface.

Since my system was orginally in Europe and is now in North America (Toronto) is there anything I need to get it up and running properly in it's new location?

Thanks,
Robert
Stations: 3024
(2024-04-25, 16:07)cutty Wrote:
(2024-04-25, 15:32)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote: I purchased a system #3024 from a gentleman in Germany.

It arrived, I have plugged it in and it seems to be working, however I have noticed that on the lightningmaps.org my system never gets a hit - i.e. I can see my station but I never have any lines nor a "green dot" saying my station has been used by the system to updated the web interface.

Since my system was orginally in Europe and is now in North America (Toronto) is there anything I need to get it up and running properly in it's new location?

Thanks,
Robert

DO NOT reference any stations on LIGHTNINGMAPS.org... it is an 'adjunct' website, and Tobi has a hard, impossible almost, job to keep up with changes on the Blitzortung network servers... which is what you SHOULD be referencing...
Your station is up and running, located in Toronto, and reporting to Regional servers North America 1 and Europe 1.
Login to your Blitzortung User Data Page:
https://www.blitzortung.org/en/user_data.php
make sure you update any info there... ESPECIALLY THE ANTENNA TYPE data, as this example:
[Image: AntennConfigBlue.png]

https://map.blitzortung.org/statistic_0....nsparent=1

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride!
[Image: DaffyHuhBolt120.png]

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2024-04-25, 16:10)cutty Wrote:
(2024-04-25, 16:07)cutty Wrote:
(2024-04-25, 15:32)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote: I purchased a system #3024 from a gentleman in Germany.

Thanks,
Robert

DO NOT reference any stations on LIGHTNINGMAPS.org... it is an 'adjunct' website, and Tobi has a hard, impossible almost, job to keep up with changes on the Blitzortung network servers... which is what you SHOULD be referencing...
Your station is up and running, located in Toronto, and reporting to Regional servers North America 1 and Europe 1.
Login to your Blitzortung User Data Page:
https://www.blitzortung.org/en/user_data.php
make sure you update any info there... ESPECIALLY THE ANTENNA TYPE data, as this example:
[Image: AntennConfigBlue.png]

https://map.blitzortung.org/statistic_0....nsparent=1

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride!
[Image: DaffyHuhBolt120.png]

Thanks for the information - I've updated my antennas, hopefully they are correct as I didn't build the system.

Didn't mean to offend anyone - I'm just wasn't certain if things were working correctly.  I noticed the same issue with map.blitzortung.org - my device never seems to get a hit - so was wondering if something on my end was wrong.

Thanks for letting me know it's working.

Robert
(2024-04-25, 17:14)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote: Thanks for the information - I've updated my antennas, hopefully they are correct as I didn't build the system.

Didn't mean to offend anyone - I'm just wasn't certain if things were working correctly.  I noticed the same issue with map.blitzortung.org - my device never seems to get a hit - so was wondering if something on my end was wrong.

Robert

OOPs... Sorry Robert... if my reply seemed a bit 'terse' or otherwise,...... I apologize, I guess I can come across as 'snarky' sometimes... without meaning to... was in a hurry and running behind this morning...
Yeah, Tobi hopes to revitalize that site processing at some point, simply hasn't got time...

I assume you have ferrites on the H fields, and possibly using the supplied 'mini' probe for E field...
I don't know what the core dimensions are that came with your kit, would 10 x 120mm, perhaps, sound correct? ...depends on the source, and your 3024, like my 3020 test system, is an 'outside source' Blue 19.5 clone.
The reason that antenna info is important: every 'antenna family' has certain delay and response ballpark parameters,
and the system takes that 'generic' blueprint into account when analyzing signal parameters... It already knows what
responses are programmed into a systems controller, depending on gain, trigger, standard filtering, ... so the only
response variable is the antenna itself... most crucial for the H fields obviously. An 'incorrect' or missing antenna parameter
could determine whether certain signals even become 'valid', much less progress to 'locating'...

Mike

(2024-04-25, 19:33)cutty Wrote:
(2024-04-25, 17:14)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote: Thanks for the information - I've updated my antennas, hopefully they are correct as I didn't build the system.

Robert

OOPs... Sorry Robert... if my reply seemed a bit 'terse' or otherwise,...... I apologize, I guess I can come across as 'snarky' sometimes... without meaning to... was in a hurry and running behind this morning...
Yeah, Tobi hopes to revitalize that site processing at some point, simply hasn't got time...

I assume you have ferrites on the H fields, and possibly using the supplied 'mini' probe for E field...
I don't know what the core dimensions are that came with your kit,  would  10 x 120mm, perhaps, sound correct? ...depends on the source, and your 3024, like my 3020 test system, is an 'outside source' Blue 19.5 clone.
The reason that antenna info is important: every 'antenna family' has certain delay and response ballpark parameters,
and the system takes that 'generic' blueprint into account when analyzing signal parameters...  It already knows what
responses are programmed into a systems controller, depending on gain, trigger, standard filtering, ... so the only
response variable is the antenna itself... most crucial for the H fields obviously.  An 'incorrect' or missing antenna parameter
could determine whether certain signals even become 'valid', much less progress to 'locating'...

Mike

Mike,

I contacted the gentleman I purchsed the system from and he let me know the information.  I have filled in the fields.  Seems the system has two Ferrite 200's and one e-field 100 - i've put that information into the station record.

NP on the other item, I get it.  Sometimes I'm just a little too forward and want to make ceratin I'm not ruffeling feathers.

Looking forward to seeing my site being used on the maps - when Tobi has time of course...!!!

Cheers,
Robert
(2024-04-26, 15:16)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote:

Robert

I don't know what the core dimensions are that came with your kit,  would  10 x 120mm, perhaps, sound correct? ...depends on the source, and your 3024, like my 3020 test system, is an 'outside source' Blue 19.5 clone.
and the system takes that 'generic' blueprint into account when analyzing signal parameters...  It already knows what
response variable is the antenna itself... most crucial for the H fields obviously.  An 'incorrect' or missing antenna parameter

Mike

Mike,

I contacted the gentleman I purchsed the system from and he let me know the information.  I have filled in the fields.  Seems the system has two Ferrite 200's and one e-field 100 - i've put that information into the station record.

NP on the other item, I get it.  Sometimes I'm just a little too forward and want to make ceratin I'm not ruffeling feathers.

Looking forward to seeing my site being used on the maps - when Tobi has time of course...!!!

Cheers,
Robert

It can be hard to determine folk's personalities on a 'text forum'... take us with a grain of salt, our sense of humor can be bizarre at times, but very rarely do any of us deliberately poke at one another,... on the other hand, us 'old timers', who've become pretty acquainted, may tease, taunt, etc at each other, etc, without realizing how a 'newbie' might perceive it...  you might even run across a really sarcastic "BlitzorDuck" user

I can't say, but I suspect your station SHOULD be showing on the LMO realtime stroke maps, just that the data bases, etc, don't get along.  Again, to accurately monitor your station, I strongly suggest only depending on the BLITZORTUNG pages... the tools are all there,...

If you look at my 'public' page, ALL the data etc, including the maps, utilizes ONLY Blitzortung derivatives WITH THE EXCEPTION of the 'tiny fft's from the LMO station page.  ALL the other stuff is available on BT, when you learn the tricks....  and there are more 'tricks' I've never bothered to explore, but there are some might sharp folks on this network!!!!!

(2024-04-26, 16:00)cutty Wrote:
(2024-04-26, 15:16)Bobby_Two_Dogs Wrote:

Robert

Mike

Mike,

Cheers,
Robert

It can be hard to determine folk's personalities on a 'text forum'... take us with a grain of salt, our sense of humor can be bizarre at times, but very rarely to any of us deliberately poke an one another,... on the other hand, us 'old timers', who've become pretty acquainted, may tease, taunt, etc at each other, etc, without realizing how a 'newbie' might perceive it...  A real test can be 'language' barriers where things MIGHT not translate with poster's  intent!!!!

I can't say, but I suspect your station SHOULD be showing on the LMO realtime stroke maps, just that the data bases, etc, don't get along.  Again, to accurately monitor your station, I strongly suggest only depending on the BLITZORTUNG pages... the tools are all there,...

If you look at my 'public' page, ALL the data etc, including the maps, utilizes ONLY Blitzortung derivatives WITH THE EXCEPTION of the 'tiny fft's from the LMO station page.  ALL the other stuff is available on BT, when you learn the tricks....  and there are more 'tricks' I've never bothered to explore, but there are some might sharp folks on this network!!!!!

TBH Cutty is well known at his care home for missing his meds, well that is what Nurse Ratched says about him.
--
Station 2828 - LM or BT
Stations: 2828
(2024-04-26, 16:09)mendip_defender Wrote: TBH Cutty is well known at his care home for missing his meds, well that is what Nurse Ratched says about him.

HEY... thanks for reminding me!   I'll go take care of that...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ELI5: How do lightning tracker websites work? Johnlarry 2 14,262 2020-06-09, 10:10
Last Post: scilover
  Some questions for begin of station work hashemiyan 1 11,651 2016-05-16, 13:59
Last Post: DelandeC