Use data in free mobile app?
I have a free weather mobile app and would like to know if I can use the lightning data in it without licensing issues. I've found th eCC BY-SA on this page (http://www.lightningmaps.org/about?lang=en) and think I can. Is this correct?

thanks
All maps with CC BY-SA in the footer can be used when respecting the license. Not all maps have this license and also not the raw data and the tiles!
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Hi Tobi,

I'm very impressed with lightning service provided by Blitzortung.org. We are currently developing iOS app with weather forecast and radars for locations around the globe. We would like to include lightning data from your product within our app. Can you please suggest how we get raw data and tiles information from you? Is there any API available?

Thanks
(2014-09-02, 09:26)thomash779 Wrote: Hi Tobi,

I'm very impressed with lightning service provided by Blitzortung.org. We are currently developing iOS app with weather forecast and radars for locations around the globe. We would like to include lightning data from your product within our app. Can you please suggest how we get raw data and tiles information from you? Is there any API available?

Thanks

I'm also interested but for an artistic project using and crunching data to produce light modulation.
I found that : https://github.com/tobiasv/MyBlitzortung
Didn't test yet.
We already had several requests for using the live data for artistic/music projects or similar. We won't stop anyone who just "grabs" our live data stream and use it temporarily or just for fun for such purposes. But we neither can give any technical support nor we can guarantee that the data format won't change. The live data is still a very young "product" from us and we still a lot of work to do for the project in general.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2014-10-16, 08:54)Tobi Wrote: We already had several requests for using the live data for artistic/music projects or similar. We won't stop anyone who just "grabs" our live data stream and use it temporarily or just for fun for such purposes. But we neither can give any technical support nor we can guarantee that the data format won't change. The live data is still a very young "product" from us and we still a lot of work to do for the project in general.

Hi, I didn't see this answer.
I'll try to "grab" some data so.

thanks.
Keep in mind: the response was "Temporarily, or 'just for fun'... commercial apps are a no-no . That is, you can't sell our data. So if you've a commercial app, don't grab us. And any data must be credited to BO and LMO...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I think its only one month free internet access before you start being charged for data usage.

MOD NOTE: Suspect Troll from overall posts. 48hr ban

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ad Free Experience JetSetDev 3 15,389 2019-04-15, 20:45
Last Post: JetSetDev
  Blitzortung.org mobile map - time zones Andrew.Instone-Cowie 1 13,845 2016-06-10, 13:28
Last Post: Andrew.Instone-Cowie
  New website : mobile/desktop cookie DelandeC 1 11,863 2016-02-11, 19:45
Last Post: Egon