precision of lighting location
Hi
Quick but very important questions :-)
1. Some android maps use blitzortung data to show lighting position even on very big map zoom. I saw which building was hit by lighting.
How precise is lighting locating in reality?
2. At www blitzortung.org we can see growing circles at place of strike. Does the speed of circle growing reflect speed of strike sound spread?
If not, it would be great to implement it. And additionally circle would dissappear at the size where sound fades away. Of course approximately.
(2014-07-23, 15:39)Andet Wrote: 1. Some android maps use blitzortung data to show lighting position even on very big map zoom. I saw which building was hit by lighting.
How precise is lighting locating in reality?
That depends on a lot of factors and we don't have an "official" value here. We often say something around 1km.

(2014-07-23, 15:39)Andet Wrote: 2. At www blitzortung.org we can see growing circles at place of strike. Does the speed of circle growing reflect speed of strike sound spread?
If not, it would be great to implement it. And additionally circle would dissappear at the size where sound fades away. Of course approximately.
See thread here or just visit http://www.lightningmaps.org
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Thank you for the answers and your understanding.

BTW, sorry for my misspellings, it was to be lightNing of course Smile
(2014-07-25, 21:08)Andet Wrote: Thank you for the answers and your understanding.

BTW, sorry for my misspellings, it was to be lightNing of course Smile
Heh... heh... Big Grin I have to force myself to insert the N...
I Still goof it... Lightning Dodgy Betcha I'll misspell lighting again before the day is out Rolleyes
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020