Blitzortung data for analysis ?
Hello all !

I am an independent Big Data developer and software architect. For a new application, named Stratus, that I am currently developing, I would need a large test data set to index and analyze. I have been watching blitzortung all summer, and found the data blitzortung produces potentially very interesting.

Stratus is going to be open-sourced in January. The test data may, but must not necessarily be open source. Would blitzortung be willing to provide me with e.g. 10 Gigabyte worth of data ? If there are any costs involved, I am willing to discuss payment.

Jan van Oort
Mödling ( close to Vienna )
Austria
(2014-12-28, 08:10)vikingpower Wrote: Hello all !

I am an independent Big Data developer and software architect. For a new application, named Stratus, that I am currently developing, I would need a large test data set to index and analyze. I have been watching blitzortung all summer, and found the data blitzortung produces potentially very interesting.

Stratus is going to be open-sourced in January. The test data may, but must not necessarily be open source. Would blitzortung be willing to provide me with e.g. 10 Gigabyte worth of data ? If there are any costs involved, I am willing to discuss payment.

Jan van Oort
Mödling ( close to Vienna )
Austria
Please See http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/inde...=en&page=7
and
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/inde...=en&page=3

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Hello,

Thanks for the links. I had read those, and their content is exactly why I posted my question.

Let me re-frame it: I don't want to do anything commercial, just test a Big Data piece of software that is going to be open source. I will certainly not be making money with any data from blitzortung.org. Could I just have a server-side piece of data of about 10 GB ?
(2014-12-28, 15:03)vikingpower Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the links. I had read those, and their content is exactly why I posted my question.
Having read those, you'll note that data access, other than the 'public' data and graphics on the websites, is for active station operators who participate. You'll also note that other inquiries should be directed by email to "info@blitzortung.org"
Cheers!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020