System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016
Hello,
Why some countries are red on the page "cover your area" ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Question 
Hello all,

I submitted a request for the waiting list on 6/24/2014 shortly before project Blue hardware and received email notice at that time; however, my status upon checking the address on the cover your area page appears to have me newly entered at position 3243! This is quite disheartening as my location in Amarillo, TX is proximal to one of the highest strike density locations in the US southwest with only one other station covering that area at <= 500km.

I spotted a very nice commercial detector being operated locally the other day which prompted me to check in again, and I thought better to post on this forum than to bother Egon or the others via email as I am sure they are very busy. It seems based on other responses here that perhaps the early requestors who did not immediately reregister interest on the new queue were not accounted for? What is the likelihood that I will ever be able to participate in this project?

Best Regards,
John
I have been waiting since well before system red I cannot think how many years ago! 
Then details were wiped and I had to re register again. Hmmmm.
I check back every few weeks to see but it's a slow process and there are probably other areas that's need covering well before me/us.
Yes I have been tempted by other manufacturers but have stuck to this. 
Be patient! 

Paul
If any of you that have been waiting a long time have a Boltek system, Microsferics has a TOA system for Bolteks and are in need of participants. I run both myself.
http://microsferics.com/index.php/Join_and_contribute
Stations: 1955
Hi,

I originally registered just a system red stopped. I didn't check again until recently only to find that I was 3245 out of 3245! what happened?

I'm sure I saw somewhere that you keep systems for areas of 'special interest'. I live on Lesvos which is only a few km from the coast of Turkey. A quick check of stations shows next to nothing close to me. Does that make my location of 'special interest'?

Regards
Robin
Message Egon. You may get bumped up.

http://en.blitzortung.org/contact.php
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539
(2017-09-14, 06:14)Primax98 Wrote: Then details were wiped and I had to re register again. Hmmmm.

Same situation here unfortunately.  Same response I suppose, be patient, haven't seen a post that their out of stock and hopefully will be able to update my red system with our hemisphere coming into the storm season. I think they have gotten most of the issues under control and whilst the red has been online with faithful service 24/7 for some years, update to the blue seems appropriate Smile

Jeff
Stations: 2041
So............ where does one find how they have progressed on the blue waiting list?  link etc if possible.
Enter your email again and you will get you place in queue.
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Thanks Kevin Smile

Jeff
I hope you can post all the priceess for these detectors, so we can have to select our best choice and have the Idea of each amount TY  Heart
(2017-08-28, 11:30)Rom44 Wrote: Hello,
Why some countries are red on the page "cover your area" ?

it means are among countries has a in demand interest for the detectors, including me in the Philippines
If use the lightning maps page and turn on coverage the red circles are the max range of the detectors.

Where there are no circles or only a few, then there is a demand for detectors there.

I believe they like to have at least 8 detectors overlapping in an area to get good lightning data.

Price for kit and optional aluminum case was €283.40 EUR shipped DHL to the US last year.

The price maybe a bit different as the parts have changed a bit and component prices change, and DHL shipping took nearly 5 weeks to ship.

I do not know if the normal mail service is any better, but DHL was not fast as I had hoped.

Expect to spend more for good power supply (see forum suggestions), cables (1 Coax, 2 x SFTP Cat 7), Antennas (GPS, H-Field, E-Field), optional filters, optional SMA connectors, etc..
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hi all,

Does anyone have or know of anyone that might have a system blue, constructed or otherwise,  for sale??

Jeff
(2016-04-11, 08:14)Egon Wrote: This thread gives you information on how to order a detector.

Please do not ask us by email, when the boards are available. We will announce it here in this thread.

Date: 12. August 2016

The ordering process of detectors is as follows. Everybody who leaves his email at the [url=//forum.blitzortung.org/www.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php][/url]Cover Your Area Page page is stored in a reservation list and gets a rank. If detectors are available, we will proceed according to this list. Nevertheless, about one third of the detectors will be reserved to particularly interesting locations.

In any case please
1.) read the old Project Description, (thoroughly!),
2.) read the new
 Project Description with Assembly Instruktion for System Blue (thoroughly!)

/Egon
Hi all

Had a system red a few years back, whats the latest on system blue, this thread is pretty confusing. Apparently I've been on the list for a while.

"Your request will be treated preferentially, since you have already submitted your email before July 5. 2016."

Cheers
(2016-04-11, 08:14)Egon Wrote: ...
2.) read the new
 Project Description with Assembly Instruktion for System Blue (thoroughly!)
/Egon

Egon,

Whenever you update this document, could you please also put the modification date in it? Without a date, we have to read the entire document to find any changes. Thank you!
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
I have registered again! Very happy. 3k Something in the waiting list but all good!
(2018-03-31, 13:49)tpweather Wrote: I have registered again! Very happy. 3k Something in the waiting list but all good!

How does one find out their position in the waiting list for a new system? I have never been able to figure that out.

EDIT: I found the answer, per allsorts:
Quote:You can also check what your current "rank" is by entering your email into the Cover Your Area page again. Make sure you use the same email...
Cheers
Dave.

I am in position 3538. Sigh.
"Your request is ranked at position 3538 of 3538"

EDIT 2: This either means that my request some weeks ago didn't go through, or that no one has ordered one since then.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue order status (10.3.2020) Egon 33 147,145 2023-11-29, 21:57
Last Post: cutty
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,296 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,410 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,053 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord
  Order Question chevyman142000 6 40,453 2016-06-01, 03:59
Last Post: chevyman142000