shield the E-field ?
This is the same situation as with my ferrite !

I cannot trigger on h-field because of heavy disturbers. But maybe you can trigger on e-field channel C.

Try :

Go to the settings tab

- manual mode
- set alternate channel mapping off, yes really off !
- set auto adapt to noise on
- set auto ampl. filter on

Go to the signal tab

click on amplifier 2

- set threshold for channel A and B to 0
- set threshold for channel C to 35mV
- set gains for channels to about 16x10

OK, watch channel C for gains. Gains will now change. If the system have found a good gain, then go again to the settings of amplifier 2. Now set gains for Channel A and B manually. But be carefull, the first number must be the same as the automatic found for channel C. Now play with the gains (middle number) of channel A and B for good and strong singals, but do not overtune it, do not override or clip singals.

P:S: your friend means that : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_transformer
(but I'm nor sure if this really works !)

Thomas
First station in Namibia (Southern Africa), look at #1305 !
Stations: 1006, 1305
(2015-06-27, 14:07)Knickohr Wrote: P:S: your friend means that :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_transformer
(but I'm nor sure if this really works !)

Thomas

Now, that is sort of cute, and a good one on me...  Undecided  English is my language, and I have to do a lot of Google translate...
Gert spelled it, for me, as "govanis trova" in his email... so playing around awhile I came up with something like
"Galvanic Detector"..  possibly meaning an EMI meter..  Rolleyes

These language things can be confusing....

I Think the display runs backwards, at times, in Gert's movie, because of the different frame rates in Gert's SWF, and the frame rate of the Signals display... and means little other than the frequencies of the noise may also vary  in addition... resulting in that effect.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2015-06-27, 14:28)Cutty Wrote: "Galvanic Detector"..  possibly meaning an EMI meter..  Rolleyes

These language things can be confusing....

Big Grin Smile

Thomas
hi Thomas and Mike
 I made a abc error   its Galvanic  trafo      oeps Confused
but it works the same like this  page http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/antenna_isolator.html  
Only I don't need it between the antenna cable  but between the 230v power line !
it will stop the noise  from the input  to the output  to my 230v cable
next week I will go again to that friend  and hope he can  deliver it ?
I have google it but can not find it here  .. only the pro stuff  and that is to much money !

hope to know next week more
thanks for al the help  Lightning

greetings   Gert
Stations: 127, 1845
Where do you want to install this isolator-transformer ?

What powersupply do you use for your station ?

Thomas
(2015-06-27, 17:19)Knickohr Wrote: Where do you want to install this isolator-transformer ?

What powersupply do you use for your station ?

Thomas

between  the power socket and the socket( 1 in  and 6 sockets out ) to the computer and Blitzortung board 
powersupply board = the power socket from Blitzortung  230 to 5 V
Isolation transformers can (depending on type) transduce several 100kHz, so this probably won't work very well and is expensive.
I'd recommend putting a choke between the PSU and the controller.  Make as much as possible windings on a Epcos T37 ring core, or N30. This will help, if the noise is coming from the power line.
I made some measurements on that:

But as i said earlier, a clean grounding is most important for e-field. Vertical ground rods don't work well, because the current is seperating at earth surface due skin effect, leaving a big ground resistance.
Ideally large expanses of vertical wires just below earth surface are used. the more and the longer, the better.

But a direct wire to the water supply pipe will be enough for our purpose in most cases, as long the pipe is of metal and not PVC.
Stations: 233
Yes, what type, model, brand of the 5V power supply do you use ?

Thomas
(2015-06-27, 17:42)Knickohr Wrote: Yes, what type, model, brand of the 5V power supply do you use ?

Thomas

GooBay  model 44005  input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz    Output 5V DC 1A 
and I know what you are thinking 
But this is not the noise maker    on this moment I run the power from the PC ( USB) to the  Board
but all is still the same
(2015-06-27, 17:41)Steph Wrote: Isolation transformers can (depending on type) transduce several 100kHz, so this probably won't work very well and is expensive.
I'd recommend putting a choke between the PSU and the controller.  Make as much as possible windings on a Epcos T37 ring core, or N30. This will help, if the noise is coming from the power line.
I made some measurements on that:

But as i said earlier, a clean grounding is most important for e-field. Vertical ground rods don't work well, because the current is seperating at earth surface due skin effect, leaving a big ground resistance.
Ideally large expanses of vertical wires just below earth surface are used. the more and the longer, the better.

But a direct wire to the water supply pipe will be enough for our purpose in most cases, as long the pipe is of metal and not PVC.

that's a nice setup  only this is not possible here
I don't live  free
and thanks for the info .... choke   will keep it in mind 

my ground is coming from my second grounding punt
not in this house  but this one is outside   no powerline on this one  
ground from water pipe  not possible  its PVC 
Ahhh,

these f... electronic switching power supply.

Why do you not use an "old fashioned" power supply with an big and heavy transformer in it ? If you use such an old linear regulator you have an build-in isolator-trafo in it. And the linear voltage regulator gives an excellent noise-free 5V supply. And if this doesn't work good enough, add an big choke, as Steph post before.

http://de.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...er=2431582

Powering the BO-station from PC is the worst thing you can do. A PC is a "mudslinger" as it's best ! Wink

Thomas
(2015-06-27, 18:10)Knickohr Wrote: Ahhh,

these f... electronic switching power supply.

Why do you not use an "old fashioned" power supply with an big and heavy transformer in it ?  If you use such an old linear regulator you have an build-in isolator-trafo in it. And the linear voltage regulator gives an excellent noise-free 5V supply. And if this doesn't work good enough, add an big choke, as Steph post before.

http://de.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...er=2431582

Powering the BO-station from PC is the worst thing you can do. A PC is a "mudslinger" as it's best ! Wink

Thomas

;-)   normal I don't just the  PC als power supply  only now  for 2 min  
and ok that ## thing is no good   why I have this to my Board ?
and maybe I have a old one some ware   but must look   
so that one from the iphone will also not work  ;-)
many info on 1 day
thanks  for al the hard thinking

Gert
hi  just a little update
the power supply from the board make indeed lot of noise   ( can hear it on a am radio  very loud )
but this is not the cause

now I have also try a netfilter its a schaffner fs23638-10-07  but also with this  many noise
so this will also not working
also I have to switch off all my power into the house  and ask for some power to my neighbours
but also many noise

I have also call to the agentschaptelecom.nl but there say  we can not help you  ??

also I have sent a letter to the owner from that powerhouse  (stedin)  and wait for answer
more I can not do

greetings   Gert

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shield the E-probe? Max_Headroom 12 55,209 2017-11-01, 18:01
Last Post: KY5G