GPS troubles with my blue box
Hello
since a few hours my blue sys can't find any satellites. The blue GPS indicator on the frontside illuminates for approx. 1 sec, the pauses for approx. 2 sec. 
No PPS pulse. Antenna device is MEDIATEK. Any hints what is going wrong here? Had the same troubles already some weeks ago but they disappeared suddenly.
Cheers
Hans
Cheers Hans
Stations: 1671
(2017-12-28, 15:53)hazet_CHAM Wrote: Hello
since a few hours my blue sys can't find any satellites. The blue GPS indicator on the frontside illuminates for approx. 1 sec, the pauses for approx. 2 sec. 
No PPS pulse. Antenna device is MEDIATEK. Any hints what is going wrong here? Had the same troubles already some weeks ago but they disappeared suddenly.
Cheers
Hans

Sometimes there is not a good combination of Satellites!
It may get better in a few minutes or so!

Brian. 1856.
Stations:
(2017-12-28, 16:19)readbueno Wrote: Sometimes there is not a good combination of Satellites!
It may get better in a few minutes or so!
Brian. 1856.

True! But perhaps relocating the GPS antenna would be in order. You have to move it around to different locations, to maximize the number of satellites it finds.

Mine is on top of a basement wall up against the inside of the East wall. But outdoors on the South side of the house would likely be the optimal location for it.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
IF at all possible and easily available, I'd try another patch antenna.  Or get it further away from buildings.  Mine worked in doors on the dining room table during "test" conditions (i.e. until my wife told me to box it up and move it) so it may work inside a one story wooden building, but the signal quality went way up when I did get the antenna outside.
Stations: 976, 1505

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reactivating an old Green PCB 6.8 USB - troubles Alexandre.Costa 8 35,917 2017-07-19, 16:23
Last Post: Alexandre.Costa