power company installed new meter, poor detection since
my power company installed a new meter about 8 days ago, and since then my channel C signal has gone haywire most of the time, and occasionally other channels.

It sounds like very fast Morse code on the system blue piezo speaker. It happens a couple of times per hour, usually around the 35 minute mark.

I am going to open a communication to the power company tomorrow, in hopes either the old meter style or a manual read meter is appropriate

I happen to think that my lightning detection aids the power company, so it should at least be symbiotic, rather than adversarial;

whatever, though, right? "must accept noise"
-genewitch

Station: 2550
https://fediverse.projectftm.com/files/t...8ea8a2ac26

normally all 4 signals fit snugly in 5% or less. this is 18%
-genewitch

I will guess it's a smart meter and what you are seeing is the meter sending its results back home. Is the meter close to your detector? Not sure what you can do about it.
--
Station 2828 - LM or BT
Stations: 2828
(2023-03-13, 19:18)mendip_defender Wrote: I will guess it's a smart meter and what you are seeing is the meter sending its results back home. Is the meter close to your detector? Not sure what you can do about it.

Well, so far, we've been able to decline 'smart meters', (opt out) ... BUT, unfortunately, many of my neighbors haven't bothered, so they've been 'upgraded'...
...and you think it's bad with just ONE??? 
....not all this 'junk' sources from so-called smart meters: some is from other crappy 'electrics' & devices... Just wait until automobile chargers begin to infiltrate with greater density....  OH, dammit, we're getting near 'robot lawn mower' season, also...

Oh... 791 currently running experimental HORIZ POL, single H channel, only.
[Image: Interference.jpg]

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I just told C channel "don't send" and adjusted the gain on the coaxial channel (H?) to fit in the same wave size as A and B.

I've had to have my gains down, i can only detect out to about 1200km. But i mostly bought in to this system to hear local storms approaching from TX - when it goes 60+ clicks a minute i'll open the lightningmaps website and see where the storm is, determine if i need to shut off computers (or whatever).

If i can find a cheap outdoor box like are used to keep trashcans in outside, i will buy it and move the system outdoors as far as i can from the power meter, should be able to get about 250 meters from any electric meter.

I haven't decided to go up against the power company yet.
-genewitch

(2023-08-23, 08:03)Benjamin Wrote: If the detection performance of a new meter installed is not good, there may be several reasons:

Installation errors: It is possible that something went wrong during installation, such as the meter not being properly connected to the power source or a loose connection wire. It is necessary to check whether the installation process is correct, and to ensure that the connection between the meter and the power supply is normal.

Faulty Meter: A newly installed meter may itself be faulty or damaged. It is recommended to contact the power company or relevant technical personnel for inspection and maintenance.

Inaccurate Measurements: There may be problems with the measurement accuracy of new meters. If you suspect that the measurement is inaccurate, you can use other measuring equipment for comparison, or contact the power company for inspection and calibration.

Circuit problem: There may be a circuit fault or poor wiring connection that causes the meter to measure poorly. Relevant circuits and wiring connections need to be checked and ensured to work properly.

If you are not satisfied with the detection results of the meter, it is recommended to contact the power company or relevant professionals in time to solve the problem. They will have the expertise and equipment to solve the problem.

Nice cut'n'paste .

(2023-08-23, 13:19)cutty Wrote:
(2023-08-23, 08:03)Benjamin Wrote: If the detection performance of a new meter installed is not good, there may be several reasons:

Installation errors: It is possible that something went wrong during installation, such as the meter not being properly connected to the power source or a loose connection wire. It is necessary to check whether the installation process is correct, and to ensure that the connection between the meter and the power supply is normal.

Faulty Meter: A newly installed meter may itself be faulty or damaged. It is recommended to contact the power company or relevant technical personnel for inspection and maintenance.

Inaccurate Measurements: There may be problems with the measurement accuracy of new meters. If you suspect that the measurement is inaccurate, you can use other measuring equipment for comparison, or contact the power company for inspection and calibration.

Circuit problem: There may be a circuit fault or poor wiring connection that causes the meter to measure poorly. Relevant circuits and wiring connections need to be checked and ensured to work properly.

If you are not satisfied with the detection results of the meter, it is recommended to contact the power company or relevant professionals in time to solve the problem. They will have the expertise and equipment to solve the problem.

Nice copy'n'paste .