Indicated strikes
Hello,
I stumbled upon this site late last spring, since having always been fascinated by lightning I am hooked.
Sorry to say I am a viewer, not a contributor. Maybe some day I can.
I have a question I hope can be answered. I didn't see anything closely related to my question in the forum.
So here goes; last night (9th) we had many strikes with the flashes to the north of me but only two or three registered on the map. In the past I have seen real time action being indicated but not last night. I am in the Twin Cities metro area of St.Paul/Mpls in Minnesota, USA. At the time there was much action in southern Iowa and northern Missouri. The one detector in Minnesota was indicating those but none to the north of me or anywhere close.
Can anyone explain why that happens?

Thanks,
Me not Thor
Lightning need a storm spotter to meet me at 1700ne 115th ave sliver springs FL34488 at whisperings pines rv park site 63 look for a white 4x4 pickup truck its white and has lot of rust on it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2014-09-11, 02:55)Me not Thor Wrote: In the past I have seen real time action being indicated but not last night. I am in the Twin Cities metro area of St.Paul/Mpls in Minnesota, USA. At the time there was much action in southern Iowa and northern Missouri. The one detector in Minnesota was indicating those but none to the north of me or anywhere close.
Can anyone explain why that happens?
There could be a lot of reasons, i.e. bad station constellation, some problem with computation on the server side (needs optimization) and so on.

(2014-09-20, 20:30)ehay89 Wrote: Lightning need a storm spotter to meet me at 1700ne 115th ave sliver springs FL34488 at whisperings pines rv park site 63 look for a white 4x4 pickup truck its white and has lot of rust on it
This question has nothing to do with lightning detection. Please stay on topic here!
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219