Different data on the maps
We currently make some experiments with a new computation schems. We will also change some internal data structures. I am sorry, but this is the reason that some maps already show the new computations, others show the old computations.

Please Do not care about the differences for a while, in a few days, everything will fit together. Please do not ask anything about the differences or changes now. If the system is running in a stable state, I am available to answer questions.

Egon
Stations: 2656
Thank you for your work Egon, Tobias and Richo. Smile
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
Thanks for keeping us fellow hobbyist's informed of what is happening. I imagine we will all be able to read about the changes in the "What's new" section of the site shortly. I will be able now to tell all the many people who may be taking this up as a hobby as why things aren't working as they were a few days ago, so they don't loose interest with the Blitz network and it's spin offs i.e. lightningmaps etc. The transmission on lightning data to the general public is definitely becoming more advanced and competitive, our largest non governmental online weather site "Weatherzone" now is showing both cloud to cloud and cloud to land strikes on their maps.

(Oh Mike, I hope there isn't said anything in this post that YOU think deserves closing the boss's post......)

Jeff
Stations: 2041
Lightningmaps.org appears to be back working correctly. Wink

Jeff
Quote:Lightningmaps.org appears to be back working correctly.

Think some of the stats (long-time) are still not correct. Yesterday I watched a lightning strike on BO Europe map from two sites in Northern Ireland detected a strike in the very far north east of Syria. Thats over 4000km away yet my own site Conlig, still shows a maximum detection range of 3800km.

So some data i think is yet to be imported.
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
Stations: 1283
But were getting there. Smile It will be very interesting to see how the blue system will goExclamationExclamation I am not sure if the boys are thinking about cloud to cloud registrations but I seem to remember reading in amongst all the numerous articles about our system, that the red system, with e field antenna, may be capable.. Huh Lightning

Jeff
(2015-02-21, 18:12)orion_jb2001 Wrote: But were getting there. Smile It will be very interesting to see how the blue system will goExclamationExclamation I am not sure if the boys are thinking about cloud to cloud registrations but I seem to remember reading in amongst all the numerous articles about our system, that the red system, with e field antenna, may be capable.. Huh Lightning

Jeff

today I got an email alert from LightningMaps.org:

---------------------
The following information was automatically determined and send to you by lightningmaps.org. No guarantee!

Examined time range : 2015-02-23 17:31:58 UTC - 2015-02-23 17:37:58 UTC
Stroke count : 2
Distance : 54 km (NNE)
First stroke : 17:32:57
Last stroke : 17:37:22
---------------------

yet lightningmaps.org still shows my site has a Minimum distance: 88.0km.
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
Stations: 1283
The distances are relative to the location defined in your alert settings, not to your station. Also make sure you check the minimum distance below "Lightning network", as the value in the station section above only considers participated strokes.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historical lightning data with Google maps issues on Lightning Maps.org Rain1290 2 14,129 2018-08-09, 18:29
Last Post: Rain1290