System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016
(2016-06-29, 12:09)Steph Wrote: apparently more like "first come, never hear again"

i'm out, good luck.
I'm very sorry that you think this way. Can you explain what has gone wrong? I really would like to know.

(2016-06-30, 05:37)andyweather Wrote: As from today i have now closed my lightning detector down.The reason being is that nobody as botherd to contact me getting the new system blue which to me is that they not bothered  about it.

So i'm no longer part of the network.
I don't understand that. Your RED station was running very good and a BLUE station won't give you any better results. Why do you think that you need a new station more than a region with no coverage like Japan or Africa?

I don't see a reason why disabling a station could help in that case. It mainly harms other community members.  Huh

Best regards
Tobi
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2016-06-29, 07:20)Tobi Wrote: I talked with Egon and it's definitively not just "first come first served".

(2016-07-01, 23:10)Tobi Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 12:09)Steph Wrote: apparently more like "first come, never hear again"

i'm out, good luck.
I'm very sorry that you think this way. Can you explain what has gone wrong? I really would like to know.

(2016-06-30, 05:37)andyweather Wrote: As from today i have now closed my lightning detector down.The reason being is that nobody as botherd to contact me getting the new system blue which to me is that they not bothered  about it.

So i'm no longer part of the network.
I don't understand that. Your RED station was running very good and a BLUE station won't give you any better results. Why do you think that you need a new station more than a region with no coverage like Japan or Africa?

I don't see a reason why disabling a station could help in that case. It mainly harms other community members.  Huh

Best regards
Tobi

I understand if Egon is prioritizing less covered areas, so pseudo FIFO?

Not sure why Andy wants to shut down his RED station either.

I would be more than happy to have a RED station as I have none.

I ordered a Blue, but dealing with DHL now.

Package is still sitting in Frankfort, Germany, been there for 3 weeks...

I would advise against shipping DHL after this experience.
I still haven't got an answer to my question about a possible queue.

Is there a queue for us that emailed a bit too late for the first batch, or do we have to email again when the second batch comes out?
Just to be sure, I would watch this thread, especially post number 1,  for announcement, and order again just as soon as availability is announced!
Big Grin

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I am having an issue with the forum not notifying when new posts are added to this thread or Egon changes the status of the very first post.  I signed up to monitor this thread for the specific purpose of ordering a new system (been waiting almost 2 years now!).  The ONLY time I receive e-mail notification of additional messages or changes is when I have logged into the forum.  Whatever the problem is, I have not received any notification of anyone adding to this thread since Hacklzwerg posted back on 30 June which was the last time I logged in to the forum to check this thread out.

This poses two problems; 1) I shouldn't have to be logged in continually with a browser window open to the forum to be notified of changes or additions to this thread (and I don't have a desktop that I can have a browser open continually; working from a laptop).  2) Because of this issue, I missed when the last batch of System Blue was ready for ordering and again have to wait on when then next order will be filled.  I appreciate Egon keeping everyone informed on what the status is but it is incredibly frustrating to not be notified of changes to this thread to get my order in along with everyone else.
Fine :-) Thanks a lot Egon. Now everyone will now his/her rank.

Just a suggestion : is it possible to also display (in the same place) the total number of item in this list ?

JiPaul.
You have time to add new features to the website, but you don't have 5 minutes to insert the link to the German translation of the documentation? I don't understand.

CU Robo Smile
Stations: 92, 1563
The developers are far to civil to comment on some of the snarky comments made here.

They are working full time at real jobs, have developed a system that governments are jealous of and have teams of researchers on staff to do, and they have families.

So please, we as hobbyists would have nothing if it weren't for their dedication.

I would recognize that current users and those who want to get involved are frustrated at the pace of events, but to question the developers' motivations and use of time is, well, childish.

I know from other sources this has been a very stressful time for them, and to make annoying comments or suggestions on how they should use what little time they have or display their web sites is really rude.

I appreciate the group's enthusiasm, but please be supportive, wish them well, hope they take a refreshing day off to spend during the northern hemisphere summer with their families, etc, rather than vent frustration on the ones who make this possible.  Heck, complain to Cutty, he seems to have thick skin and would take the pressure off the core developers.  (just kidding, Mike).

I have seen behavior like this cause other projects to close down.  There is no alternative (Boltek is far different and abandoned by many for lack of precision and difficulty in calibration) and those of us who have been interested for decades in lightning detection and plotting want this to work.
Stations: 976, 1505
(2016-07-06, 13:01)Dale.Reid Wrote: The developers are far to civil to comment on some of the snarky comments made here.

They are working full time at real jobs, have developed a system that governments are jealous of and have teams of researchers on staff to do, and they have families.

So please, we as hobbyists would have nothing if it weren't for their dedication.

I also have to do my real job as well as Hacklzwerg. We translated the documentation and it is finished since more than a week. Inserting a link into a website is no big thing. We're contributing for the German only speakers and it's frustrating not to see our work online for more than a week ...

@Egon: THX for putting the translation online now.

CU Robo Smile
Stations: 92, 1563
(2016-07-05, 20:49)robo Wrote: You have time to add new features to the website, but you don't have 5 minutes to insert the link to the German translation of the documentation? I don't understand.

CU Robo Smile

I think this new features was waited by a lot of us, who didn't know if their request to have a Blue version was recorded or not. Thank you very much again, Egon for that. :-)

JiPaul.
If I previously entered my information, will it be added to the reservation list, or do I need to enter it again?
I know - I've entered my email a couple times on the mailing list, but never heard anything in 18~20 months.  It would be helpful to know what locations are 'particularly interesting' or what position people are on the list.

Not complaining at all, I know Egon is busy - no doubt about it.  I have done small-scale manufacturing myself and know how hard it is to actually get to a shipping product.  It is very difficult in a limited amount of time allowed, especially if there is a 'real job' in the mix.

Perhaps it's time to entertain the idea that maybe Egon could release the firmware and board files to help take the strain off trying to manufacture the hardware?  This is obviously a popular project with many willing participants. I know it's hard to "let go" of the design files, but sometimes that's the best way to let the project grow.

Then he could be more free to manage data and make improvements - and make better use of his limited time.  It also sounds like there is trouble sourcing parts that are readily available in The States, and no sense wasting fuel shipping components around the world needlessly if they don't need to be.

Just a thought... I'm a big fan of the project!! It is a little frustrating not being able to contribute data for our area, that's all.  It's harder to be patient with such a neat project!!
Hello,

How many boards will be available in July?
(2016-07-09, 23:03)konradmielec Wrote: Hello,

How many boards will be available in July?
You have just to read the first post of this thread, and you'll know the current status !... :-)

JiPaul.
(2016-07-05, 09:15)TXWeatherman Wrote: I am having an issue with the forum not notifying when new posts are added to this thread or Egon changes the status of the very first post.  I signed up to monitor this thread for the specific purpose of ordering a new system

Agreed, I missed the 8th July 1st message update until now. I did get an email that the "how many boards?" message had been posted but that is all. The news about the reservation list I've also been unaware of. B-(

Is there a setting somewhere that needs a tweak to get notified when *any* message is posted or edited?
(2016-07-08, 22:00)briangrimm Wrote: If I previously entered my information, will it be added to the reservation list, or do I need to enter it again?

Well I just bunged my email in again. The system does know about me and gave me a rank of 448 of 448.

It also said "Your request will be treated preferentially, since you have allread (sic) submitted your email before 5th July, 2016." Presumably that means I'll get offered a system before anyone who entered their email after the 5th July despite having a very low rank.
After i subscribed about 2 years ago and after i never got any information about the sytem blue or anything, i entered my address again today.
I hope, you dont plan to produce only 500 sets. I just got rank number 538 Wink
(2016-07-19, 20:27)Egon Wrote: In one week, I'm a few days in holiday, so the sale is expected in August.

Have a nice holiday, enjoy thunderstorms Big Grin
Stations: 1475
I, too have entered my email multiple times over the last few years - never heard anything, never any response.

Is there a way for those of us who entered the email list years ago find out the order rank?
Yes. There it is :
http://fr.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php

Just put your email in the right place.

JiPaul.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue order status (10.3.2020) Egon 33 146,560 2023-11-29, 21:57
Last Post: cutty
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,247 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,326 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,017 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord
  Order Question chevyman142000 6 40,351 2016-06-01, 03:59
Last Post: chevyman142000