Green System Lightning Strike Counts Low
Has anyone noticed on the green systems that the strikes are not counting much.
I did a check on the system and its getting good hits however
the total strikes and percentage shows way lower than what it should. Huh Confused
I will be upgrading soon to the blue next few months until I get the purchase account setup.

What is the cost on the blue if I send the green back ? Boy I hate to drop off this network
since I have been running since 2012 ....5 years!

Paul Kalamaras
Palm Beach Gardens Blitzortung Station
The first of the group in the USA that started in 2012.
Stations: 654
This is a non-profit project - we don't earn from the sale, and can not buy anything back

/Richo
Stations: 584, 585, 2017
(2016-09-28, 17:47)RichoAnd Wrote: This is a non-profit project - we don't earn from the sale, and can not buy anything back

/Richo

NO problem I understand but is there anything to check for now to see why the strikes are not showing up like it should.

Paul
(2016-09-28, 17:47)RichoAnd Wrote: This is a non-profit project - we don't earn from the sale, and can not buy anything back

/Richo
Sorry I found my answer from the past wow!. from Cutty!

Quote:Unfortunately, these GREEN detectors can not record all needed signal information. This is one of the main advantages of System RED and BLUE which becomes increasingly important for improving the location quality. That is, the significance of the GREEN stations is already decreasing and will decrease in future. However, we can continue for a longer time the assignment of the GREEN signals to the computed strikes, but also want to announce all honesty, that the GREEN stations will not further contribute to the computations sometime when we have enough RED and BLUE station. This might already happen this year.
 We announce this information already now such that all GREEN users have enough time to think about a change. We also hope that you understand our decision that we will not create new accounts for system GREEN detectors. Our aim is to substitute these detectors and not to change the owners. All participants with a running GREEN station will treated preferentially and probably get some special advantages when they want to exchange their station into a BLUE one. Wink
THE BLUES are available.

Mike
With more and more RED/BLUE stations the computing algorithms will prioritize the newer stations, because their signals fit much better to each other. The GREEN stations have much different signal forms. I don't know about any special treatment of GREEN signals in the computing program.

Like mentioned long time ago, this will make GREEN stations less important. Their owners don't have to worry about anything. They are still part of the network.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2016-09-30, 09:57)Tobi Wrote: With more and more RED/BLUE stations the computing algorithms will prioritize the newer stations, because their signals fit much better to each other. The GREEN stations have much different signal forms. I don't know about any special treatment of GREEN signals in the computing program.

Like mentioned long time ago, this will make GREEN stations less important. Their owners don't have to worry about anything. They are still part of the network.

Tobi

Thanks for the information. I am back online waiting for server to respond to my station. Listing of stations shows offline..Please check.

Thanks alot.! As soon as I get my funds to a new account I will order the blue system. Can I use existing preamp for green system
with blue system?

Many Thanks!
Keep up the great work!
Paul
I'm fairly certain the preamps are incompatible between different versions of the Blitzortung system. The Blue kit comes with new preamps which only need some THT components soldered. On the H-field it's just the RJ45 connector and screw terminals, and on the E-field it's the coax connector, inductor and screw terminals. Will take no time at all if you're handy with a soldering iron Smile
Stations: 1614

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Green for FREE + postage. SalesJam 6 21,893 2020-04-18, 19:33
Last Post: SalesJam
  Lightning strike locations by email DnH2016 1 11,448 2017-09-09, 10:11
Last Post: kriu
  System green still usable RobertKi 4 23,353 2017-06-25, 04:45
Last Post: MooreGeo
Lightbulb Fixed: Problem with System Green & Windows Tracker MuellerJ 1 11,323 2016-09-22, 19:03
Last Post: MuellerJ
  Green System PCB 6 Ver 8.0. No Green Light Kalamara 12 60,828 2015-09-18, 22:40
Last Post: PetrosKa