lightningmaps.org station - last signal spectrum plot different
Greetings,

I updated my Blue to firmware 8.4 last night.  Last night I also noticed on my
lightningmaps.org - station tab - Last Signal window that the signal spectrum is now
dominated by the electrical system 60-Hz and I'm sure the first few
harmonics too.  The real signal spectrum is hardly visible near the bottom of the plot. 
It appears to be a spectrum scaling change somewhere perhaps.  The spectrum also appears similar on
several other Blue stations pages.  Several Red stations spectrum I
checked appear normal and not dominated by the 60-Hz signal.  Not a big deal but
something changed, perhaps only for the system blue stations?

Jim, N8OQ
Stations: 1660
(2018-01-19, 14:39)VA_LM_Blue Wrote: Greetings,

I updated my Blue to firmware 8.4 last night.  Last night I also noticed on my
lightningmaps.org - station tab - Last Signal window that the signal spectrum is now
dominated by the electrical system 60-Hz and I'm sure the first few
harmonics too.  The real signal spectrum is hardly visible near the bottom of the plot. 
It appears to be a spectrum scaling change somewhere perhaps.  The spectrum also appears similar on
several other Blue stations pages.  Several Red stations spectrum I
checked appear normal and not dominated by the 60-Hz signal.  Not a big deal but
something changed, perhaps only for the system blue stations?

Jim, N8OQ
Yes I have the same!
Brian 1856.
Stations:
Yes, here also. It appears that @Tobi has improved the vertical scaling somehow.

I think that the 60 Hz bars might be useful when moving the antennas, that is, to find a place away from house wiring and power lines.

I wonder if those bars will drop when I finally change to shielded cable to the H-field amp, and later to shielded loops.

In any case, the new firmware really improved the performance of my station. :-)
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Station 3012 in https://www.lightningmaps.org/ bakerkj 5 1,232 2024-01-18, 20:49
Last Post: bakerkj
  Missing signal and spectrum in strokes liat pasense 6 27,715 2017-07-30, 22:49
Last Post: BobW
  lightningmaps.org: strokes by station Steph 5 26,539 2015-09-14, 20:13
Last Post: Tobi