Getting Participant status. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
So from what I can tell, to get my forum account to 'Participant' status (which I am; station 2284) - I'm supposed to log in to the blitzortung.org site, then once I can see the 'User Area' (where I define my antennas, station details, etc) - I navigate to Further Info -> Forum. 

I've done this … many times, but still my account is a "General User" and I can't get into the station areas...

I've tried the navigation from 3 different machines so it's not a matter of clearing browser cache.

Am I doing something wrong here? Missing a step?

Thanks,
Michi
(2018-09-15, 18:19)michidragon Wrote: So from what I can tell, to get my forum account to 'Participant' status (which I am; station 2284) - I'm supposed to log in to the blitzortung.org site, then once I can see the 'User Area' (where I define my antennas, station details, etc) - I navigate to Further Info -> Forum. 

I've done this … many times, but still my account is a "General User" and I can't get into the station areas...

I've tried the navigation from 3 different machines so it's not a matter of clearing browser cache.

Am I doing something wrong here? Missing a step?

Thanks,
Michi

On your Blitzortung Station User page
http://blitzortung.org/login.php
Database information...
Change "Anonym" Y
to
"Anonym" N

I think that will roll your forum group to 'operator' when the databases update...

Your Operator credentials for BT and Lightningmaps should be the same... The Forum credentials should remain what it currently... different from the operator access...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Ok, Anonym is now off.....
As far as all of the other credentials go, that's correct - BT and Lightningmaps are the same, forum is a separate account...

Thanks *yet again* Cutty … let's see what happens!
Well no change yet... I wonder if I have to start all over again... o_O I'll wait a day after switching off Anonym and see.
(2018-09-17, 04:25)michidragon Wrote: Ok, Anonym is now off.....
As far as all of the other credentials go, that's correct - BT and Lightningmaps are the same, forum is a separate account...

Your blitzorgtung.org and blitzortung forum login IDs need to be the same.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2018-09-17, 12:54)allsorts Wrote:
(2018-09-17, 04:25)michidragon Wrote: Ok, Anonym is now off.....

Your blitzorgtung.org and blitzortung forum login IDs need to be the same.

Yes, I know. They are. Exactly the same.

Something else is wrong.
  • -My bitzortung.org and blitzortung forum IDs are the same.
  • -I've navigated to the forum repeatedly through the user area on BO.org
  • -"Anonym" is off.
  • -My controller is registered, my station is registered (2284) to my user id (1779).
  • -I've cleared all cookies, logged out, logged in, everything.
Is there anyone here, an administrator or such, who could look into it? I think I've exhausted everything I can try here.
email or PM Egon.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
If someone could get Cutty's attention, he requested some verification information from me but I do not have access to reply to his PM or email him via the forum.... so no way to get it to him...

Trying to email Egon but no access to PM him, either.
(2018-09-18, 18:55)michidragon Wrote: If someone could get Cutty's attention, he requested some verification information from me but I do not have access to reply to his PM or email him via the forum.... so no way to get it to him...

Trying to email Egon but no access to PM him, either.

Ok! It's fixed, i'm finally green!  Thanks for putting up with that, everyone...
I have finished building up a new station, and it appears to be working OK - I have GPS data, the LAN is working and I am able to access the internal web site.  I have a station number, i know its IP address and Mac address.

Now I need to access forum/project area/user data   but this is greyed out and I cannot complete the information about my station, or assign a new station.  I cannot log into the participants page either.
What now?
(2018-10-11, 05:49)neil9 Wrote: I have finished building up a new station, and it appears to be working OK - I have GPS data, the LAN is working and I am able to access the internal web site.  I have a station number, i know its IP address and Mac address.

Now I need to access forum/project area/user data   but this is greyed out and I cannot complete the information about my station, or assign a new station.  I cannot log into the participants page either.
What now?

Next to forum/project area tab, there is a Login tab as well. This is where you enter the data about your station.
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
(2018-10-11, 05:49)neil9 Wrote: I have finished building up a new station, and it appears to be working OK - I have GPS data, the LAN is working and I am able to access the internal web site.  I have a station number, i know its IP address and Mac address.

What now?

Dear neil9,

we still have some problems with the automatic setting of the participant flag at the forum, I have set your status manually.

Regards
Egon
Stations: 2656
(2018-10-11, 10:33)dupreezd Wrote:

What now?

Next to forum/project area tab, there is a Login tab as well. This is where you enter the data about your station.

Yes I can see that but I cannot login in. My email address and user name are not recognised.
(2018-10-12, 00:38)neil9 Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 10:33)dupreezd Wrote:

What now?

Yes I can see that but I cannot login in. My email address and user name are not recognised.
Did you try using your username instead of the email address?
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
Yes - tried both user name, and email many times. . I am able to log in and out of the forum OK.
Well - 24 hr later. i stumbled on a facility on the status page of the internal server, as I was playing with amplifier settings, which allowed me to reset my log-in and password. I did this and am pleased to say the station is now up and running, and sending data. I have a few questions on settings etc which i have posed as a new thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Participant status tkerby 2 3,597 2023-01-28, 17:16
Last Post: tkerby
  how to change status to participant braind 25 75,765 2021-08-13, 23:08
Last Post: dupreezd
  Become a participant sunwind 4 20,667 2018-08-08, 23:21
Last Post: kevinmcc