LightningMaps.org: Real-time Lightning Map
(2018-06-13, 22:16)vk2him Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 19:57)Tobi Wrote: Since Sunday the live map is using Leaflet API with OpenStreetMap as main map. Rewriting took longer than expected, but everything behaves (almost) as before.

Hi Tobi - I like the new look however the way the station circles are now drawn makes it very hard to tell when they light up green when zoomed out as you're infilling the green circle with the same shade of green .. it's easy to see however when they light up Purple. Is there any way you can change the colour of the green infill to make visibility better?
Thanks
Ian

Ian, does yours not look like mine below? Perhaps you need to adjust the LMO display settings.

Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Here's the link, zoomed out one step this time.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#z=4;tc=0;...;dc=0;dn=0;
Regards,
Mike W.
(2018-06-13, 22:36)mwaters Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 22:16)vk2him Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 19:57)Tobi Wrote: Since Sunday the live map is using Leaflet API with OpenStreetMap as main map. Rewriting took longer than expected, but everything behaves (almost) as before.

Hi Tobi - I like the new look however the way the station circles are now drawn makes it very hard to tell when they light up green when zoomed out as you're infilling the green circle with the same shade of green .. it's easy to see however when they light up Purple. Is there any way you can change the colour of the green infill to make visibility better?
Thanks
Ian

Ian, does yours not look like mine below? Perhaps you need to adjust the LMO display settings.

Hi Mike, Yes mine looks like yours but note you have zoomed in to level 5 which makes it easier to see the green highlighted stations. I normally use zoom level 4 as Australia has fewer stations.
[Image: wxgraphic.php?type=banner_big]

Stations: 2039
any way of just having lines from a single station or similar. would be awesome to see what your station is registering. just a filter text box or something would do. or possibly if you click a station that would be the only one showing lines.

otherwise it's a freaking great map!
Stations: 2265
(2018-08-11, 10:06)xztraz Wrote: any way of just having lines from a single station or similar. would be awesome to see what your station is registering. just a filter text box or something would do. or possibly if you click a station that would be the only one showing lines.

I've suggested that before. It would be great to be able to show only the lines from my station and suppress all the others.
Regards,
Mike W.
The previous posts about Africa have been moved here: https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2704
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Since a few days there's now an archive function. You can now select 24h time periods from several years back in 6h steps. In this case the live lightning data will be suspended and overlays will be hidden.

In addition to the live date you can now show lightning strokes from the last 24h and an additional counter. The counter isn't live and it doesn't work on the archived data mentioned above.

These functions are not 100% ready yet and there are a few bugs, but there's work in progress. Smile Lightning
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Good afternoon, recently has put into operation the station 2324 which I think works correctly, however I can not relate my station with LightningMaps to be able to have statistics etc. Could someone help me? Thanks
[Image: lightbulb.gif]
(2018-08-11, 14:09)mwaters Wrote:
(2018-08-11, 10:06)xztraz Wrote: any way of just having lines from a single station or similar. would be awesome to see what your station is registering. just a filter text box or something would do. or possibly if you click a station that would be the only one showing lines.

I've suggested that before. It would be great to be able to show only the lines from my station and suppress all the others.

Agreed.  Would be very nice to display for a selected station.
Stations: 2118
(2014-05-11, 12:24)aib Wrote: Bug:
The map does not show when I have IPv6 enabled in my browser (Firefox 29.0.1). I only get a empty square where the map is supposed to be. If I disable IPv6 in Firefox (network.dns.disableIPv6=true) everything works. I have a working IPv6 connection and other websites using IPv6 works fine. I also tried in Internet Explorer and Chrome with the same result.

Suggestion:
You should look into replacing polling for new data with pushing new data from the server using the WebSocket API (http://apress.jensimmons.com/v5/pro-html...g/ch7.html). This should save you bandwidth usage and allow you to send each event without delay.

Whoa!

I am getting a "this is a known dangerous website" when i click on the link above!!?? Perhaps Mr. Norton is wrong but normally i never, and i mean never, get these kinds of warnings!

Staccermaccer,

PS: Is there a forum especcially for the MyBlitzortung-pages, because i have a few issues that i want resolve like graphs not appearing on my website and so on...?
[Image: stickerInteractive.php?type=interactive&...y&border=2]Stations: 1380, 2274
(2018-12-16, 12:53)staccermaccer Wrote: PS: Is there a forum especcially for the MyBlitzortung-pages, because i have a few issues that i want resolve like graphs not appearing on my website and so on...?

Please Note the following from the "My Blitzortung" (Blitzortung.php) application (for operators only)
There is no more active development on MyBlitzortung by me (Tobias), but maybe by others! You can still use it, but I can not provide support.
https://www.lightningmaps.org/doc/intro?lang=en
and also the following:
Note: It's not possible to show real time lightning with MyBlitzortung!

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Hello, I have a free weather app that is available freely at android and IOS AppStore, can I implement blitzortung API or real-time lightning data and provide it freely for my users?
down this page is a description what can or can't

http://en.blitzortung.org/contact.php
Stations: 1476
down this page is a description what can or can't

http://en.blitzortung.org/contact.php
Stations: 1476
Thats illuminating! But just wonder. Why is the lightning strikes land more compared to the sea?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No sound in Blitzortung.org Real Time Maps with FF >= 52.0 on Linux nerd65 1 13,473 2017-05-08, 08:31
Last Post: nerd65
  Web Page Real-Time Updates jkrob 6 37,404 2017-05-07, 13:19
Last Post: cutty
  Cycles time lightning alert website Phoenix-Blue 2 18,611 2016-03-28, 21:11
Last Post: Tobi
  Time lightning alert Phoenix-Blue 0 8,638 2015-08-23, 15:39
Last Post: Phoenix-Blue