System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016
(2016-09-12, 06:39)Jayson Black Wrote: Hi all. Im not sure if my issue is related to those previously stated, but I have been putting my name down for a system since 2014. i think i have put my email in about 3 times. maybe about 9 or so months aprt in the time since I first registred in 2014. but I have never received an email telling me my nuber has come up, nor even an email regarding a rank. I searched my email archive and could only find two emails regarding a password change. /me shrugs. Is there some other way I can find out my rank? Or do I just add my email again and it will tell me my rank with out re setting my rank? The other thing Im finding curious is that I see at begining of Original Post that "Systems are available" Does this mean the queue is empty?

Anyway, I am extremely keen to get a system blue and add to the coverage.

Im a mega, mega mega lightning enthusiast and lightning chaser. I love this project an dearly want to be a part of it Big Grin (Dont we all?)

I put my e-mail down in 2014 too, but it had disappeared when the new "queue" system went live. I put it in again and thankfully was only ranked about 250 at the time (I think around June/July?)... my system is now on the way Big Grin
(2016-09-12, 06:39)Jayson Black Wrote: Hi all. Im not sure if my issue is related to those previously stated, but I have been putting my name down for a system since 2014. i think i have put my email in about 3 times. maybe about 9 or so months aprt in the time since I first registred in 2014. but I have never received an email telling me my nuber has come up, nor even an email regarding a rank. I searched my email archive and could only find two emails regarding a password change. /me shrugs. Is there some other way I can find out my rank? Or do I just add my email again and it will tell me my rank with out re setting my rank?

Please, read the previous messages of this thread before asking something about your registration !...

All the news are in the FIRST message of this thread
(last updated August 12, 2016).

Egon changed the system of reservation some months ago. Now you have to reserv (or test your rank of reservation) in the Cover Your Area Page.

If you left your email at the Cover Your Area Page you are  stored in a reservation list and got a rank. This rank is updated each time Egon send kits. So you have just to wait an email from Egon that will come when your rank will be close of zero. You could also test from times to times your rank just putting the same email address in the "Cover Your Area" page. But be careful, if you test it when the rank is 0 (or if you make a mistake in your email address), you'll be registered for a new kit !...

(2016-09-12, 06:39)Jayson Black Wrote: The other thing Im finding curious is that I see at begining of Original Post that "Systems are available" Does this mean the queue is empty?

No. It just means "systems are available" and that Egon will send some systems following the queue list order.
Position #194

[Image: 60871124.jpg]
How do I register my station on the site?
Stations: 1684, 2917
Go to the status page of your controller, make a note of the "Device ID:" under "Controller / CPU". Log into the forums or remain so, go to the site login page top right and enter your existing user name into the "New Username" field and the code found above into the box marked "Register Code". This will create a site user, register your controller and connect your forum username with site username.

Once logged into the site you can update the information about your set up, aerial type(s), which channel has what aerial etc. On the site Input 0 is Ch1A, Input 1 Ch1B etc and dimensions are in mm.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2016-10-23, 16:27)allsorts Wrote: Go to the status page of your controller, make a note of the "Device ID:" under "Controller / CPU". Log into the forums or remain so, go to the site login page top right and enter your existing user name into the "New Username" field and the code found above into the box marked "Register Code". This will create a site user, register your controller and connect your forum username with site username.

Once logged into the site you can update the information about your set up, aerial type(s), which channel has what aerial etc. On the site Input 0 is Ch1A, Input 1 Ch1B etc and dimensions are in mm.

I do not have the code. what does he look like ?
Use the web interface of your controller and go to the "Status" page, scroll down to the "Controller / CPU" section and the code is the long alphanumeric string by "Device ID". I don't think you enter the hyphens on the login page.
Cheers
Dave.

Stations: 1627
(2016-09-12, 06:39)Jayson Black Wrote: Hi all. Im not sure if my issue is related to those previously stated, but I have been putting my name down for a system since 2014. i think i have put my email in about 3 times. maybe about 9 or so months aprt in the time since I first registred in 2014. but I have never received an email telling me my nuber has come up, nor even an email regarding a rank. I searched my email archive and could only find two emails regarding a password change. /me shrugs. Is there some other way I can find out my rank? Or do I just add my email again and it will tell me my rank with out re setting my rank? The other thing Im finding curious is that I see at begining of Original Post that "Systems are available" Does this mean the queue is empty?

Anyway, I am extremely keen to get a system blue and add to the coverage.

Im a mega, mega mega lightning enthusiast and lightning chaser. I love this project an dearly want to be a part of it Big Grin (Dont we all?)

I have a little bit different case. I received an email from Egon, but then after some time I requested a details about ordering and payment information, but didn't get any response. Are we limited in time to response and then get kicked from the list?
Hi Egon ,

Since 1 mouth my rank is still the same 632
is this normal ?
Stations: 1710
i now wait since montsh last time i checked i was rank 698 now iam 1400 of 1400... makes me sad.... Confused
Do we have any info on how the queue is moving? I'm currently 1,100 on the list. It seems with so many requests production of the units could be increased, maybe working with a third party manufacturer? I'm just afraid from reading this discussion that the wait could go on for years and years.
Glad to hear that you're back..
I'm in queue too, (less 300) an just lurking around (especially this one,) and already had some litte worry about you.
I hope that the "different reasons" aren't any bigger personal reasons of you or the rest of the crew!

@starlord: Maybe you entered a wrong eMail at the first try. I also did this quite in a early stage. I was number 500 something (I think it was the first week, when they introduced this new queue system) and after few weeks i falled back
to 1200. I recognized that i missed the m in gmail.com so shit happend.
that changes were made by the PCB 20.2?
Stations: 1654
Very minor component layout.

www.blitzortung.org/Compendium/Hardware/
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539
how to make the ferrite antenna by yourself?
Here is a good thread on making them.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=19914.0

Here are the ferrites I used for mine.

http://www.fair-rite.com/product/rods-4078377511/
Kevin McCormick KB0UOI
Macomb, IL USA
Stations: 1539
I am excited as for "Platz 14 von bisher 1882 Anfragen." - But it feels as if I held this rank since many months now Smile

Anyhow, looking forward with great interest!
Dear friends!
I request those who have installed or will install new blue board.
maybe you have an opportunity to sell your old system?
I'm from Ukraine. in my region are still very few receivers.
but to buy a new difficult because for us it is a very costly.
180 euros is about the average monthly salary...  Sad
maybe someone has a desire not expensive to get rid of their old but working receiver. I would have gladly bought it.
thank you.
Stations:
What is the difference between the blue of the system from the red?
That blue system detects the distance of lightning far?
(2017-03-04, 22:00)malyan Wrote: What is the difference between the blue of the system from the red?
That blue system detects the distance of lightning far?

The essential difference between the two systems is the way how these systems are assembled. System Red was a kit that the operator had to completely assemble, down to the last component. System Blue contains mostly SMD parts. It is delivered partially assembled. Only a handful of connectors, etc must be installed by the owner. In addition, the amplifier and filter system have been changed as well as the digital part. System Blue is also prepared for an installation in a compact housing.

In operation, the general efficiency and effectivity or the two systems is much the same. Blue and Red are very similar in specifications as far as signal processing and reception.
RED had 2 H channels, and 3 E channels and the thre E channels had different bandwidths, and one could be utilized , or disabled, depending on situations. One E channel is all that is necessary. But at least 2 H channels are expected since the loops are directional... The E probe is Omni directional.

BLUE has 3 H channels, only two are expected, and only one E channel. All four channels have the option to install electronic filters, which adjust bandwith limits for higher frequency noise sources.
BLUE has slightly higher bandwidth than RED.
Ability to detect strokes is similar between the two. Because of the electronic updates to Blue, it should be slightly better at accuracy and location... otherwise the performance is almost identical.

Strokes at a distance is not of importance, but some operators, especially new ones, feel it is an indication of their station's "quality" and "performance".. it's more a function of the station's location... a nice noise free region... than any gauge of the equipment or antennas.... routinely, if a system is set for very high gains, reflected sferics can be detected, at great distances ... easily thousands of kilometers... However, this is about LOCATING a stroke..and not sending a lot of noise, or useless distorted signals... .. the timing is greatly affected byh the many bounces, distortions and High Frequency loss from those distant sferics.

Optimally, all stations would generally be most efficient with settings that provided excellent data within a range of 50-1000 Km.
This system is not a "single station lightning detector"... it takes a minimum of 4 stations as a network providing stroke data in order to locate a strike. That is the goal of the network

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue order status (10.3.2020) Egon 33 146,561 2023-11-29, 21:57
Last Post: cutty
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,247 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,327 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,017 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord
  Order Question chevyman142000 6 40,352 2016-06-01, 03:59
Last Post: chevyman142000