Activated, but not visible on maps
(2017-08-19, 03:10)SteveQlQ Wrote: Joe and Kevin..I moved my antenna about 10 feet from where it was and changed the gains to 8x4, 8x4 just as an experiment, and this is a capture of the live signals. Does this look better? Would you send me a copy of yours, so I can make a comparison?

I am using a 1 AMP wall wart from an unused Raspberry Pi. If you think there may be a better one, please let me know brand, model, etc., and I will replace it.

Thanks again.

I think it looks pretty good. I don't know why you aren't picking up more strikes. You can probably bring the gains up some if you want, you can always bring them back down if you go into interference.
I put mine up today since I disabled my high pass filter(was causing interference). I'm running 16*5 and 10*8 now, just to see how it will react. Might have to lower it when storms approach.
I've been using an iPad 5v USB adapter, but I just ordered a linear one online. I'll let you know if that cleans it up more when I get it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stations: 1955

Messages In This Thread
RE: Activated, but not visible on maps - by JupiterJoe - 2017-08-19, 04:42

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historical lightning data with Google maps issues on Lightning Maps.org Rain1290 2 14,293 2018-08-09, 18:29
Last Post: Rain1290
  Lightning visible, thunder heard, but nothing on map Philip.Gladstone 2 15,370 2017-06-28, 14:59
Last Post: pasense