Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
PCB red system production...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: meteolab
2024-10-03, 15:43
» Replies: 5
» Views: 741
Data for Research or Link...
Last Post: preferload
2024-10-03, 07:01
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,162
Blue Classic and Ham Radi...
Last Post: cutty
2024-10-02, 13:05
» Replies: 6
» Views: 349
Station Isn't Recognized....
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: hokie_emt
2024-10-01, 11:41
» Replies: 213
» Views: 725,659
I will buy SYSTEM GREEN!!...
Last Post: meteolab
2024-09-30, 18:15
» Replies: 2
» Views: 208
Linking accounts
Forum: Website, Maps and Applications
Last Post: mwaters
2024-09-25, 20:52
» Replies: 7
» Views: 570
New user
Last Post: gerbold
2024-09-22, 09:20
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
New Satellites launched.
Last Post: mendip_defender
2024-09-21, 19:59
» Replies: 0
» Views: 186
Search of the forum
Last Post: vinesweather
2024-09-14, 03:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 850
System Blue for sale - SO...
Last Post: Arcadrian
2024-09-13, 11:06
» Replies: 9
» Views: 6,082

Can I embed this service on a page?
Posted by: dbdonaldson - 2014-07-03, 19:13 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (1)

This service is great. I'm sort of addicted. Can I embed it on a webpage somehow?

Print this item

lines
Posted by: chasbrand - 2014-07-02, 14:25 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (1)

new to this,what are the lines from one place to another

Print this item

Blitzstatistik- Anzahl/Quote ="0"
Posted by: Hoelters - 2014-06-29, 10:01 - Forum: Non-English - Replies (4)

Ich betreibe eine RED-Station mit der 6.8 Version.
Ich habe festgestellt, wenn viele Blitzaktivitäten vorhanden sind, in meiner Statistik die Blitzanzahl und -Quoten bei ALLEN Stationen auf "0" sind. (Anhang).
Die Rangfolge der Stationen stimmen aber.
Ist zB wenig Blitzaktivitäten vorhanden, so stimmen dann die entsprechenden Werte (nicht mehr "0").
Ich meine an meiner config-Einstellung kann es nicht liegen, dann wäre der Fehler ja konstant vorhanden.
Tobias, kannst du das mal bitte kontrollieren?
Dankeschön.

PS:
Im Wedaal-Board hat man mich auf dieses Forum verwiesen, da man dort leider keine Lösung gefunden hatte.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

2nd H-Field Amplifier meaningful?
Posted by: CRogoza - 2014-06-27, 18:20 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (1)

Hi there!

I'm thinking about installing a 2nd H-Field Amplifier with the Ferrid-Rods 45° offset to my current rods.
Would that increase the amount/accuracy of my station?

Thanks for your answers! Smile

Greetings, Christopher

Print this item

Strike accuracy question
Posted by: BobW - 2014-06-27, 17:30 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (2)

[attachment=1242][attachment=1243]Hi all,

I saw something last night that I had a question about. There were some storms last night slightly north of where I live. It appears that the positions of the detected lightning overshot where the lightning actually was. I think this is possibly because there were no stations receiving the lightning to the southeast of where the lightning was, and the system was just making a best guess as to where the strikes were given that it actually couldn't triangulate it on three sides.

See the attached screen shots of the radar in the area, and the Blitzortung web page. From the Wilmington area to the southeast, it was actually clear air, with no lightning.

As soon as kits are available, I'm on board with adding a station here. Hopefully that will help.

Print this item

Volt and Ampere data?
Posted by: jumpjack - 2014-06-26, 12:27 - Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics - Replies (7)

Months ago I found an experimental site showing estimated V and A for each strike, but I can't find it anymore, any clue?

Print this item

Embedding map to a website
Posted by: ClimateReach - 2014-06-24, 23:26 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (2)

Hi,

I run a blog dealing with environmental/climate news and would love to embed this map if I am able? Of course I would fully cite and link back to the original here. If anyone could give me a hand with the embed code I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Print this item

Station in central Brazil
Posted by: Burajirujin - 2014-06-24, 20:50 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

Hello ppl,
I noticed that there are almost no stations running in South America (only found one in Colombia). I live in Goiânia, a city in the central region of Brazil (16.7 S/49.2 W).
I've become interested in running a station here for myself, but I don't know if it would help the network, since the nearest running station is 4000km away.
The system may run in high gain mode without much problems, I think, because it would stay somewhat far from the city center in a low density area, without any strong power line, transformer or big electric machine running near.
A station running here would help?

Print this item

Live Map Overlay
Posted by: cosined - 2014-06-24, 19:13 - Forum: Website, Maps and Applications - Replies (4)

http://thevane.gawker.com/blitzortung-is...1589722466

In the above article, a GIF appears that shows your (North American) map with seemingly real-time strikes (with the ray and ripple effects), though when I load the live map all I see is a static map. I've checked and unchecked Strikes, Detectors, and Sounds, but nothing seems to reproduce the articles experience. http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en works fine for me.

I'm using Firefox 30.0, but it doesn't work in IE either.

Thanks for any insight!

Print this item

Blitzortung in the news again
Posted by: Benedict.Smith - 2014-06-24, 09:13 - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (37)

I think Egon is going to be busy in the run-up to his holiday with such good publicity!!

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014...l-team-map

http://www.geek.com/science/see-lightnin...r-1597481/

However the geek article stated that you could buy fully assembled units! I think that could cause a few headaches Dodgy
Ben.

Print this item